Front of House / Wine Expert
- Reporting to: General Manager
- Salary: Hourly pay, tbc – Full-time
Who are we?
The Gun, Spitalfields – a beautiful bar with high standards, wonderful food, exquisite drinks, and an electric atmosphere. Part of the East London Pub Co founded in 2014. With currently four venues across London and three more new openings planned this year, our mission is to produce character rich spaces build on traditional values offering a modern-day pub experience.
We have nothing but passion for Hospitality & creating the best drinking holes in some of the best parts of London.
‘Masters of the good times’
Why work for us?
- Develop your own skill set with training in house
- Online Training
- Career progression
- Company incentives & perks
- 20% off drink in all venues
- 50% off food in all venues
- Free soft drinks during shift
We are looking for an experienced Front of House / Wine Expert who is full of flair, banter, passion and loves nothing more than getting guests excited about our wine offering. You will be whizzing around the floor, explaining our wine menu, matching to our food menu and educating the team with your exceptional knowledge.
Ideal candidates must have at least level WSET-2, an incredible knowledge and passion for all things wine as well as running a section on the floor. You will be the go-to person for all things wine, from recommending wine to our guests, staff training or menu pairing. A knowledge of beers and cocktails would be of advantage.
- Minimum level WSET-2
- Bar & floor experience (running your own section)
- Experience of hosting wine training for staff
- Excellent customer service skills
- Hospitality as a career path
- Availability to work evenings and weekends, full-time hours
- Big personality, confident, wants to learn and develop
- We have a great team, work hard and play hard
If you would like to be considered for the role of Front of House/Wine Expert, then please send through your CV.
Due to the number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Only Candidates eligible to work in the UK or have a valid UK work permit/visa will be considered for the above position including settlement status.