Stock Controller & Merchandising Assistant - Bamford - London
Our Bamford family is growing, and we are looking for a talented and passionate Stock Controller & Merchandising Assistant to join our London Retail Ops team.
As our Stock Controller and Merchandising Assistant, you will be responsible for supporting the Retail Operations Manager with allocation plans for our stores and ensuring the correct stock is in place at the right time to maximise sales and space.
Full time contract, based on 40 hours per week, salary £28,000 -£30,000 per annum.
About the role
Working closely with Product Management, Marketing, our Retail Stores, Visual Merchandising and our Space Planning team, you will analyse performance of products and create reports using Excel and other systems to track sales and stock level across the business.
The role will provide the opportunity to be involved in the day to day running of the Retail Operations department.
- Monitor and manage product allocations and performance
- Review and analyse historical sales to support planning/ forecasting stores budget
- Implement commercial ideas to boost sales all year round, while reducing stock level and feeding Bicester
- Support with planning and implementing seasonal markdown for Retail and Bicester
- Support company stock take across all locations and monitoring stock transactions
- Work closely with Production, Supply Chain and Distribution to pro-actively resolve discrepancies and meet stock delivery and allocation deadlines
- Liaise with the warehouse regarding any stock queries and necessary system amendments.
- Dealing with all repair request from stores by leasing with production manager
- Setting up new products and implementing markdowns on the SPA Till system
- Organising parcels to & from Stores and Warehouse
- Data entry and general administrative duties.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Strong analytical & numerical skills
- Stock management experience
- Proficient in MS Office Excel, Word & Outlook
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal & external parties
- A team-player who is proactive and able to multi-task.
- Ideally from a Retail Merchandising and Stock Controlling background
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Career progression
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- 50% staff lunch discount (at local Daylesford store)
- 30% Daylesford discount
- 60% off Bamford skincare products
- 1 treatment every quarter
- 1 class free every month
- Refer a friend scheme – up to £1000!
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Subsidised private medical insurance
About the Company
Bamford is a way of life. Bamford was founded on the belief that we need to be mindful of our connection to the earth – to live consciously, respect nature’s resources and the land that provides for us. Everything that we do, make and craft connects us to nature and our surroundings. We source the finest natural fibres and materials for our clothing and homeware collections and turn to the power of natural active botanicals to create our skincare and body ranges.
If you would like to be part of our truly unique business – we would love to hear from you.
We aim to attract, recruit and develop people from a wide range of backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences. We seek to create a productive environment, representative of different cultures and groups, where everyone has an equal chance to succeed. If you feel you need any reasonable adjustments to be made in order to apply for a vacancy at Daylesford, please contact the Recruitment Team by visiting our website.
Please note: As part of our recruitment process, we will use and store your personal data securely for up to 6 months from the date of application. If you would like to update or remove your CV or other personal details from our records, please go to our careers page for contact details