Frasers Group started as a small store in Maidenhead in 1982 and from there, grew to become a global powerhouse. We are now a collection of the world’s most iconic brands.
We’re reimagining retail and believe the higher the risk, the greater the reward. We’ve never been afraid to push forward and change the way the industry operates, diversifying our portfolio and elevating stores. We’re not sitting back – there’s no room for hesitation.
Finding the fearless.
To stay ambitious, we need a Senior Network Engineer who will embrace our heritage as we look to elevate our future. We’re looking for candidates who see the possible in impossible; those who are open-minded and humble, not afraid to take a risk if it’s the best option for our business. Our people are passionate about the business and their area of expertise – whether that’s luxury fashion buying or sportswear analytics.
Frasers Group has prided itself in the use of cutting edge and innovative IT solutions to help drive the business forward and we are continually looking at the benefits new technology can provide. You will have to use your skills to balance functionality, best practice with simplicity, cost and delivery speed. The ability to work under your own initiative and take responsibility for your own projects is a must. You will need to be able to communicate with all departments at all levels.
With a converged voice/data network connecting over 1000 sites across 20+ countries centralized around our core datacenters a strong background in cisco routing and switching is a must.
Working in a team environment, you will undertake a range of installations and configuration duties. You will perform impact assessments on complex networks, as well as build test plans and analyse the results on the global network infrastructure for Frasers Group. This includes managing networks services in cloud platforms and virtualisation technologies. These duties include but not limited to:
- Providing third line support for the existing global network infrastructure
- Being the technical lead for network cloud services products within Azure or Data Centre management with Cisco ACI
- Providing solution briefings on new technologies and design decisions
- Mentoring and training other members of the team
- Typical routing and switching;
- Troubleshooting PBR, DMVPN, BGP, IKEv2, HSRP
- Troubleshooting STP
- Producing as-built documentation and produce necessary training/troubleshooting material
- Contributing to the generation of the company’s knowledge base materials
- Proactively investigating raised network impacting issues and events, using internal monitoring tools
- Traveling to customer site locations and business points of presence within the Group, where required
- Remaining up to date on current/future network and security technologies and gain certification in selected technology areas
- Conducting incident/problem resolution both in and out of hours
An opportunity like this at Frasers Group is for the fearless.
The potential is massive, the experience unrivalled. To be able to make the most of it you need to live and breathe our principles - you will:
Think without limits and take the team with you
You will see the possible in impossible and will be open-minded and humble, not afraid to take a risk if it’s the best option for the business.
Own it and back it
You will take pride in what you do with confidence, but not overconfidence. It’s important you take ownership of your decisions, stand by your convictions and reason with contradiction.
Not hesitate and act with purpose
You will ask for forgiveness – not permission. You will be comfortable juggling multiple projects acting both decisively and instinctively without support from managers.
Be commercial and customer focused.
You will be creative and analytical, balancing big-picture trends and detailed commercial performance. You will have a forensic commercial mindset, always considering the commercial impact of any decision.
Required Technical Skills and Experience:
- Cisco CCNP Routing and Switching / CCNP Advanced Routing or higher
- Experience with WAN Routing Technologies – BGP, EIGRP, DMVPN
Desirable Technical Skills and Experience:
- Cloud Networking (Azure)
- Data Centre Management – Cisco Nexus, ACI
- Knowledge of Automation/DevOps tools (e.g.: APIs, Python, Ansible, PowerShell etc)
- VPNs and Remote Access Management – Cisco ASA, Cisco SSL VPN and AnyConnect
You must be able to
- Design and build secure, redundant and resilient network solutions.
- Setup and support a wide range of networking devices.
- Troubleshoot routing protocols and WAN connections.
- Monitor, report and alert on network health and services.
- Manage and maintain cloud networking environments.