Chef de Partie – Buxted Park Hotel
Are you a skilled Chef de Partie looking for your next challenge? All of our hotels are individual in their own way, just like our Chefs. Buxted Park Hotel in Uckfield, East Sussex is a very popular wedding and afternoon tea venue and has a 2 Rosette restaurant for both our Hotel and local guests to enjoy.
Whether it’s filleting or frying, you’ll know your way around a kitchen like the back of your hand and have a mind full of delicious creations ready to wow our guests.
You’ll enjoy being part of a team and love the fact that no day is the same. The candidate we’re looking for will be able to sauté, sear and stew their way to culinary excellence, and have guests sending their ‘compliments to the Chef’ and coming back for more. Sound tempting?
What’s in it for you:
• A competitive salary - all our Chefs are paid hourly and work 45 hours per week, with any overtime paid
• 28 days holiday rising to 33 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty
• Optional live in accommodation charged at just £58.52 per week all-inclusive of meals and bills
• A share of service charge – 100% of which is split between the team
• £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS 25% discount of all food & drink. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
• Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
• Working in stunning surroundings and in a property packed with character
• Free parking on site
• Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
• You’ll have previous experience in a similar environment and role
• You’ll be a stickler for hygiene and be able to demonstrate best practice
• Your knowledge of food and technical skills will be outstanding
• You’ll feel comfortable in a fast-paced, busy environment
• Most of all, you’ll have an approachable, positive and proactive manner
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 19 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.