Summer Season Food & Beverage Supervisor – Jersey, Channel Islands
April/May 2021 start until September/October 2021 - £500 end of season bonus!
We have an opportunity for a Food & Beverage Supervisor to join our team in Jersey for the summer season and oversee the busy outside Terrace area.
As the Terrace Food & Beverage Supervisor you will support your colleagues so they feel confident and ready for service as well as guiding them to ensure high standards of service are delivered to all of our guests and that all daily tasks are completed on time. Our Terrace areas are extremely popular due to their stunning views and sunny locations and therefore we are looking for candidates with experience of working in a fast paced Food & beverage supervisory role.
You will be an attentive person who can spot in seconds when someone is trying to catch your eye for the bill, whether they’re missing a spoon for their dessert, or if they need a high chair before they even need to ask. You’ll also have a big responsibility for maintaining the safety and well-being of our guests, from allergy awareness to standards of cleanliness.
Please note: You do not need to have settled or pre-settledg status in the UK – we can offer seasonal visas to European candidates at a cost of £244 - apply for further details.
What’s in it for you:
- £500 end of season bonus if you stay until the end of contract date agreed
- A share of service charge – 100% of which is split between the team
- Live in accommodation charged at between £44.50 – £77 per week all-inclusive of meals and bills
- Getting to enjoy the sunny island of Jersey on your time off in stunning beach front locations with many water sports available
- Use of Health Club facilities including gym and swimming pool
- All meals provided meaning you can save everything you earn – unless you want to cook of course!
- Pro rata equivalent of 29 holiday per annum – which will be paid at the end of your seasonal assignment
- A chance to meet new people, make new friends and have a memorable summer seasons work experience within Hand Picked Hotels. Permanent opportunities are available across the group and we will prioritise applications from talented team members at the end of the season!
- You will be available to work between April/May 2021 until September/October 2021 and ready to travel ASAP to Jersey if successful
- You’ll have at least two years’ recent experience working as part of a Waiting team with good knowledge of food, beverages and allergens
- You’ll be a team player with a professional approach, bags of enthusiasm and a big smile
- You’ll take pride in your appearance, and proud to be the face of Hand Picked
- You’ll be a stickler for hygiene and be able to demonstrate best practice
- You’ll feel comfortable in a fast-paced, busy environment
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 19 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa is a 5 Star Hotel situated in St Helier the main town on the island but still within easy reach of the beach so you can enjoy the stunning scenery when your off shift.
L’Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa is a 4 Star Hotel set on St Brelades bay offering stunning views and easy access to one of the best beaches on the island.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK