Baker - The Newt in Somerset
The Newt in Somerset has ancient woodland, historic gardens and far reaching views. It is a unique destination with a multitude of horticultural delights, interactive features and state of the art exhibitions. Visitors can take a tour of the gardens, deer park and cyder press, dine in a choice of different restaurants and visit the various farm shops. The Story of Gardening brings horticultural history to life, with playful and sensory experiences for all ages. Expecting to attract some 150,000 visitors per year, The Newt in Somerset is a vibrant and thriving attraction, animated throughout the seasons by special events, workshops and education programmes.
The Visitor Attraction has several catering outlets, the biggest being the Garden Café which is open 7 days a week from approximately 9.00am to 5.00pm depending on the seasons. All food is prepared on site with ingredients fresh from our gardens and locally.
Quality and seasonality of ingredients are two very important values we
We’re looking for a keen experienced baker to join our bakery that supplies all estate venues with baked goods. You’ll be supporting our Head baker in the daily preparations of doughs, pastries, baking and packing goods as well as looking after stock rotation of all yeasted products. Creativity and knowledge are key to assist in development of new products.
- To support our current baking team
- To maintain the company’s vision and ethos.
- To prepare, develop and maintain high quality products.
- To ensure all products are delivered and packaged on time.
- To ensure Health and Safety and Food Safety legislation are
adhered to; this will involve appropriate training.
- To ensure that you are correctly dressed, adhere to high personal
Skills and Experience
This is a great opportunity for an experienced baker that is looking to further their skills as we strive to develop more unique products. The role requires efficiency and flexibility as well as attention to detail.
Excellent Benefits package available from day one including:
Exceptional working environment, fresh estate grown meal provided each day.
- 30% discount in the shops across the estate
- 30% discount at restaurants across the estate
- 30% discount on Newt cyder and Babylonstoren wine
- 50% discount in the Spa
- Anniversary stay in the hotel each year, Dinner bed and breakfast.
- Discounted hotel stays for staff
- Family pass to access the estate
- Entry passes for friends and family to access the estate
- Family Events 3 times per year
- Access to internal/external training qualifications and programmes
- Cross Training and career development opportunities