St Ives Bay Holiday Resort
Full Time – Permanent
What we need in a nutshell
We need someone who can lead and inspire the new food offering at our brand-new location St Ives Bay Holiday Resort Someone who understands that exceptional food and drink are central to a happy holiday. From leading your team’s development to stocks, yields and audits but most of all doing what you love to do...cooking! This is an exceptional opportunity for a skilled Kitchen Manager who is looking to show off their creative skills in this truly special, dynamic role.
Who are we?
St Ives Bay Holiday Park has recently been welcomed as our eight much-loved resort; with 120-acre the park is nestled amongst the sand dunes with direct beach access while enjoying wide-ranging views towards St Ives. With 800 well-appointed chalets, static caravans and camping pitches, St Ives Bay Holiday Park is a Cornish jewel that with soon offer all the unique facilities and events that Away Resorts have become renowned for.
What you’ll be doing
Our food offering really does set the bar providing a truly unique experience, you will manage and inspire the kitchen team to produce brilliant meals to our high standards. This will include:
- Control and direct the food preparation process and any other relative activities
- Ensure consistency of quality of dishes before they reach the customer
- Plan orders of equipment and ingredients managing, stock and wastage effectively
- Remedy any problems or defects
- Be fully in charge of managing and training kitchen staff
- Oversee the work of the kitchen team
- Manage and review team workload to maximise efficiency and ensure standards
- Implementation of all legislative measures and administration required by the current Food Hygiene, licensing, and collaboration and respect across the team.
You will lead from the front, setting the standards for your team and motivating, coaching and supporting them to be outstanding.
One more thing…holidays happen at holiday times and eating and drinking goes on in into the night, so you’ll need to work your magic on bank holidays, evenings and weekends too.
Skills, experience and qualities you’ll need
Are you dynamic, determined and enthusiastic? Do you thrive on providing memorable guest experiences and want to be part of a great team? These are the essential qualities for our kitchen manager. You will also have
- Communication skills through listening to customers, engaging and building a rapport with your team
- Experience of working under pressure including managing a workload at busy times
- An ability to build a commercial awareness and the experience of working in a commercial environment as well as becoming the best you can in your area of expertise
- Knowledge of working with regulations such as health & safety, auditing, and making sure that colleagues understand them
- Great leadership skills and the ability to build a high performing team in order to control, develop and improve all aspects of the kitchen including: P&L, yields, people, standards, legal compliance, service and brand integrity
- An NVQ and relevant food hygiene certificates.
It’s about your values too. We have a can-do, fun loving, people centred ethos here at Away Resorts, which is captured by our holiday heroes’ mantra of Attentive Amazing Lovers – if that’s fired up your curiosity, have a read about it here and decide if it describes you.
Want to join our team? Here’s how to apply
Just click on the Apply Now button and follow the instructions. To find out more about what it’s like to work for Away Resorts check us out at www.awayresorts.co.uk/careers.
Our Promise to You
Holiday Heroes come with all sorts of different super-powers, and we welcome them all!
We embrace diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities. From our investors, to our teams we love that everyone comes from different backgrounds, allowing us to grow and inspire each other. We’ll never accept any form of discrimination and we’ll forever strive not just for our product to be unique but our people too. Afterall, wouldn’t it be boring if we were all the same? In short, we want to bring your whole self to work!