Summer Season Kitchen Porter Roles available – Jersey, Channel Islands
April/May 2021 start until September/October 2021 - £500 end of season bonus!
We have opportunities available for Kitchen Porters to join our Hotels in Jersey for the summer season.
At Hand Picked Hotels, our Kitchen Porters play a vital role in making sure the kitchen and all of the equipment is kept clean and ready for service.
The person we are looking for will enjoy maintaining a clean working environment, being active and working with the Chefs to complete daily and weekly tasks. You’ll enjoy working as part of a team and always be looking for ways to help the smooth-running of the kitchen. A positive and friendly attitude is more important than experience for this role although experience in a hospitality environment is preferable.
Please note: You do not need to have settled or pre-settled status in the UK – we can offer seasonal visas to European candidates at a cost of £244 - apply for further details.
What’s in it for you:
- £500 end of season bonus if you stay until the end of contract date agreed
- A share of service charge – 100% of which is split between the team
- Live in accommodation charged at between £44.50 – £67 per week all-inclusive of meals and bills
- Getting to enjoy the sunny island of Jersey on your time off in stunning beach front locations with many water sports available
- Use of Health Club facilities including gym and swimming pool
- All meals provided meaning you can save everything you earn – unless you want to cook of course!
- Pro rata equivalent of 29 holiday per annum – which will be paid at the end of your seasonal assignment
- A chance to meet new people, make new friends and have a memorable summer seasons work experience within Hand Picked Hotels. Permanent opportunities are available across the group and we will prioritise applications from talented team members at the end of the season!
- You will be available to work between April/May 2021 until September/October 2021and ready to travel ASAP to Jersey if successful
- You’ll have experience working in hospitality and will be looking forward to the prospect of working in a busy environment
- You’ll be willing and able to follow instructions
- Most of all, you’ll have a positive and proactive manner
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 19 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa is a 5 Star Hotel situated in St Helier the main town on the island but still within easy reach of the beach so you can enjoy the stunning scenery when your off shift.
L’Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa is a 4 Star Hotel set on St Brelades bay offering stunning views and easy access to one of the best beaches on the island.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.