Head Office, London – Immediate Start
Fusion are now hiring an Accounts Assistant to support the Head of Finance on all financial aspects, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, production of financial accounts, and day-to-day financial management and reporting, as required by the business, in order to work towards achievement of finance best practice
Fusion's Accounts Assistants are a sticklers for the details. Not only do they have a sharp eye for detail, as an Accounts Assistant you won’t be phased by processing high volumes of purchase invoices and credit notes in accordance with policy. You will support the business by assisting in the preparation of the monthly Supplier Payment Report within Sage 200, ensuring the ledgers are maintained and accurate, reconcile supplier statements and queries in an efficient and effective manner, and you will guide centre managers in ensuring Accounts compliance.
To be successful as a Fusion Accounts Assistant, you will:
- Have achieved GCSE's in Maths and English
- Have previous experience in a similar role in a fast past and challenging business or a graduate
- Have excellent attention to detail and be highly IT literate
- Be at least intermediate level in Excel
- Have thorough experience in using Sage 200
Some of the other responsibilities of this role include:
- Process and reconcile the bank statement within Sage 200
- Produce sales invoices and credit notes in Sage 200 or, if required, G360 for a range of customers, ensuring relevant purchase orders are quoted and invoices are issued
- Debt management for any outstanding invoices within Sage 200
- Allocating all BACS payments to the relevant accounts
- Assist in the production of financial information to the business, such as client accounts or profit and loss information, account receivable and accounts payable reports
- Other finance & administrative duties as directed by Head of Finance
Interviews will be virtual, although you may be invited to attend a face-to-face interview in the latter stages of the process, social and travel restrictions permitting. If you are invited to face-to-face interview, this would be conducted with the upmost safety and hygiene standards in place. Virtual interviews are still available where this is not safe or permitted under current government guidance.
We anticipate that there will be four stages of interview for this position, however each stage will be confirmed to you at the time:
Stage 1: Brief telephone interview
Stage 2: Virtual Interview with the Line Manager
Stage 3: Online Psychometric Testing
Stage 4: Virtual Panel Interview with Line Manager and Financial Director
Hygiene and Safety:
- Champion in role, and take personal responsibility for all hygiene, health and safety policy and procedure when working from any Fusion site, or any of our subsidiary sites
- Undertake day-to-day cleaning and maintenance of all equipment and fittings relevant to role, (including phones, PCs, plug sockets and cables, tables, doors and door handles, and other shared usage equipment and touch points), to the highest possible standards, informing centre management immediately of any hygiene or health and safety risks
Some of the employee benefits we offer that you may be eligible to receive include*:
- 22 days’ holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (Pro rata, contractual)
- Employer Contribution Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme (Contractual)
- Gym & Swim membership at Fusion centres*
- Free eye tests*
*Please note that non-contractual employee benefits may be frozen, revised or subject to change. Fusion reserve the right to amend or remove non-contractual employee benefits at any time.
If you would like to further your career then we want to hear from you.
Click on the link to apply.
This job advertisement is not intended to serve as a full job description, and is therefore non-exhaustive. Upon securing an offer of employment, a copy of the job description will be made available to you. This may be amended from time to time, in-line with business requirements. You may also be required to carry out other duties as reasonably requested by the Company.
Applicants who gain a 'conditional' job offer will be required to undertake appropriate checks and referencing before commencing employment. If the role you have been offered requires you to work with children or vulnerable adults or in an environment that deems necessary, the hiring manager will inform you if a DBS is applicable. If a DBS is undertaken your offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.