We have a position available for a Grounds and Maintenance Supervisor to join the team at Kilnwick Percy Resort in Pocklington. Join the team at our stunning golf resort, just a short distance from the iconic city of York.
Kilnwick Percy Resort is a popular resort which caters to many events throughout the year including weddings and parties, as well as catering to holiday guests.
The successful candidate will assist the team in the upkeep of all company buildings and the golf course. This will involve responding to maintenance requests from guests on site, assisting with renovation projects and attending to any planned daily maintenance tasks.
Alongside this, you will work within the Grounds team to ensure the appearance of the resort is kept up to the five star standard expected from the Kilnwick Percy Resort. Duties will include grass cutting and strimming, edging and weeding borders and clearing pathways.
Finally, you will assist in the cleaning and maintenance of all hot tubs on changeover days.
This is a permanent position to work variable hours. The hours of work may include weekends so flexibility is required.
This role is perfect for anyone searching for grounds or maintenance positions within a commutable distance of Pocklington and the surrounding areas.
- Assist in the maintenance of guest accommodation and company buildings
- Complete maintenance jobs as requested by the Reception team and Grounds Manager
- Assist in completion of any renovation projects or redecoration
- Complete any planned daily, weekly and monthly maintenance tasks
- Work within the grounds team to complete general grounds maintenance
- Complete grass cutting, strimming and edging
- Ensure the resort is kept clean and free of debris
- Complete any necessary paperwork following repairs and maintenance
What experience you will need
- Previous experience preferred
- Previous maintenance experience is an advantage
What skills you will need
- Driving licence is essential, as you will be required to use the buggies or vehicles at the resort
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn
What we offer
- Competitive rate of pay
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Discounted staff breaks at our luxurious holiday resorts across the UK
- Free use of all Darwin Escapes resort facilities including many of our free gyms and swimming pools
- Food discount across all resorts
- Discounts on spa treatments
- *'Introduce a friend' recruitment bonus
- *100% work attendance bonus
- *Company employee sick pay
- Compassionate leave pay
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free access to the Darwin Academy training programme to help further your career and skill levels
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health Shield cash plan
*Subject to terms and conditions