Maintenance Operative/Groundsman - Tarka Holiday Park
- Salary: £20,600 per annum
- Hours of Work: 5/6 days including weekends.
- Holiday: 20 days + bank holidays
Park holidays UK are a rapidly growing company and the largest caravan operator in the south of England. The business has a proven history of developing and promoting talented managers and an unprecedented investment programme across the group.
Located just off the Tarka trail in Ashford, Barnstaple, Tarka is a quiet, tranquil, well maintained park. Tarka is just 15 minutes away from some of North Devon’s most beautiful award-winning beaches, surrounded by golden sand dunes and a real hit with surfers, kite surfers and sun lovers. With easy access to main routes in the area by car, bike and the reliable bus service you are never far away from activities, historical sightseeing opportunities and areas of interest for all ages.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Assist with moving and siting of caravans and lodges.
- To competently carry out all plumbing works on new and used caravans and lodges.
- To perform gardening tasks, e.g., strimming, weeding, grass cutting, grass collection and litter collection, to ensure the agreed operating standards are maintained.
- To repair paths, steps and walls as requested by Maintenance Manager.
- To carry out landscaping and tree felling in line with summer and winter programmes.
- Whenever possible, to propagate and nurture plants for economic reasons.
- Carry out repairs on site and to caravans in line with instructions from Maintenance.
- Carry out repairs and restructure drains / groundwork/buildings.
- Distribute deliveries from a central point to the relevant department.
- Collection of rubbish and litter /bins, depositing it in the nearest refuse compound, including litter picking the park as and when required.
- Complying with all Company and legal policies and procedures and be willing to complete all courses relevant to your job role.
The successful candidate should:
- Have a full clean driving licence.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Have the ability to work under pressure.
- Wear Company uniform provided at all times and maintain a smart appearance.
- Have a professional and outgoing personality.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Be flexible.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Plumbing experience is essential.
- Siting experience is preferable but full training will be given.
- 20% friends and family discount on holidays booked with Park Holidays, this is subject to availability at time of booking.
- Great staff referral scheme
- 28 days holiday leave per annum
- Progression Programme within the Company – Learning & development opportunities available with the potential to join the Company’s Skills Academy or Apprenticeship Development Programme.
With 33 caravan holiday parks across the southern UK coastline from Devon in the West to Suffolk in the East, we are the largest provider of caravan holiday parks in the South of England. We offer great value family UK caravan holidays and short breaks, with a selection of touring and camping holidays too, along with a wide range of static caravan holiday homes and luxury lodges for sale.