Bartender [The Rooftop] - New Opening - London
Our New York rooftop bars and clubs are legendary; as a Bartender at the Rooftop, you will become part of an exceptional bar team that will launch this exciting new venue onto the London scene. Service at The Rooftop will be relaxed and casual with a focus on summer cocktails, beers and bubbles [served with an irreverent sense of fun and our typical unconventional style that is any but Standard].
You will of course be passionate about service, very well organised with an exceptional working knowledge of bar operations and order of service; as we expect some busy days prior experience of working in a busy bar is a must. The bar team will also create and mix a range of signature summer cocktails and pitchers in addition to mixing and blending of all the classics you’ll add a touch of personality and theatre to their experience.
Finally, and most importantly, you will be a host, making our guests feel welcome whilst they visit The Standard and our energetic and vibrant city; so, you will need to be highly social, upbeat and friendly; confident and can handle pressure well; thrive in a busy high volume, high energy environment and can manage multiple tasks and guest with ease.
Do you have what it takes to be a Bartender for The Rooftop at Standard, London
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. Prior experience as a Bartender is essential for this role; you will have an uncompromised and natural flair for service and be able to build genuine relationships with guests that enable us to not only preempt needs but foresee desires. In addition to this you will also need….
- Prior experience as a Bartender, ideally gained in a similar busy bar, pub, ‘Lifestyle’ boutique hotel, destination cocktail bar or similar rooftop bar
- Happy to work outside for your entire shift [come rain or shine]
- In addition to those with experience we are actively seeking candidates with a diverse range of lifestyle skills and welcome applications from those in the arts, music and entertainment industries.
- Be a confident in bar operations and service, well versed in both classic and contemporary cocktails with a good understanding of the London bar scene.
- Highly social, motivated and pro-active; acting with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- Opening experience preferred
- Prior experience using squirrel epos is advantageous however full training will be given
- You will need to have a flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work shifts, including weekends and late evenings. There may also be occasions when we will be unable to open or close The Rooftop due to inclement weather and you may be asked to work in other areas of the hotel.
- The Rooftop is a seasonal venue and will operate between May and October, initial contracts will be for 6 months with the option to move into another hotel position when the venue closes in the Autumn.
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be a Bartender at The Rooftop, we’d love to meet with you.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.