Front of House - Security Officer
Role Description for a Security Officer:
An amazing opportunity has arisen for a Security Officer to join the award winning team at Stoke Park. The role is 40 hours per week, day or night shift on a rotating basis to include weekends and bank holidays as per the rota.
As a Security Officer the main duties will be:
- Guard the Front Gate House.
- Regular patrols of the estate and building to ensure it is secure.
- Dealing with system alarm activations.
- Signing in and out colleagues, contractors and other visitors to site.
- Appropriately recording and reporting any incidents or concerns to the relevant Senior Management Team.
- To be fully responsible and monitor all CCTV cameras in the premises and keep records and images as per Stoke Park procedures.
- To be responsible for all Health and Safety aspects.
- To always be alert to security breaches including suspicious behaviour.
- Supporting any other parts of the business as and when required.
- Ensuring that all Company policies are fully adhered to.
- Contribute as a team member to ensure the Safety and positive guest experience for all visitors and staff.
- Ensuring access procedures are followed.
- To carry out staff searches according to Stoke Park procedures.
- To carry out staff bag search according to Stoke Park procedures.
- To ensure the safety of all staff, members and guests on the premises to the best of your ability through displaying a proactive approach to the set-up, follow through and constant monitoring of procedures.
- To be the first impression to guests and members who arrive at the Club. Check members car park stickers, drivers are respectful of speed limits and cars are parked properly.
- To direct and assist when appropriate all visitors, guests and members to their destination.
- To check onsite staff accommodation from time to time and assist management with any issues as and when required.
Required Experience for a Security Officer:
- Excellent communication skills and strong guest focus.
- Current Security Guard/Door Supervisor SIA License.
- Computer literate (training for their internal computer systems will be provided).
- Experience of working within security industry either as a lone worker or as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to report and record events as they occur.
- Confident to communicate security protocols to those who may be unaware.
- Ability to accurately check details and confirm it is valid.
- Smart, reliable, watchful, hardworking, patient, diligent, diplomatic.
- Proactive, able to use one’s initiative and seek guidance where necessary.
- Previous experience as a guard.
- Previous experience of working in an office environment or within a professional organisation.
- Good organisational skills and well-honed ability to follow procedures
- Good people skills and ability to get on well with others whilst remaining professional.
As Europe’s leading Five Red Star Hotel, Spa and Country Club, Stoke Park provides a unique combination of the traditions of an exclusive members’ club and the best of today’s sporting, leisure, entertaining and hotel facilities, in one of the most convenient locations in Britain: only 35 minutes from London and 7 miles from London Heathrow.