Sales and Events Manager - M Restaurants - London
M Restaurants are delighted to be recruiting for a Sales Manager and Events, this candidate is 50% proactive in driving large sales in the form of exclusive corporate hires, corporate group business and other events in to the businesses, and 50% reactive, managing enquiries and planning revenue streams.
M Restaurants are two award winning steak restaurants in London designed to attract different diners on different occasions. Our Steak Grill & RAW restaurants are available in Victoria and Bank. The venues also boast public and private members bars, a wine tasting room, private dining rooms, terrace & event spaces, creating truly unique and innovative experiences for our guests.
Overview of Role: The primary function is to manage group events and sales for Rare Group. The Sales and Events Manager will be an ambassador for the brand to ensure Rare Group is represented accurately (product and restaurant knowledge) and in keeping with excellent service standards, proactively bringing business in.
Specifics of Role:
- Division focus: M Restaurant, 50% Reactive/ 50% Proactive sales role
- Enquiries and bookings, adding revenue and revenue streams. Identifying new cover opportunities including cover driving partnerships and events
- Is the contact person for allocated restaurants’ group enquiries and deals with all enquiries in a timely manner
- Be the point of contact for guests wanting to book parties of 9+
- Follow the correct procedure for confirming bookings, including deposits, card details, pre orders of menus and drinks and issuing terms and conditions
- Provides accurate information regarding Rare Group product offering (group menus, wine and drinks) so as best to inform the guest and guide them to a suitable dining package, upselling as required
- Understands that the guest experience begins at enquiry and ensures all guests are dealt with in line with service standards of excelled hospitality and Rare Group policies and procedures.
- Maximise all relevant, on brand sales opportunities across the business in all our Rare Groups
- Support the business by driving large, profitable sales volumes including on brand campaigns which result in cover growth via suitable third-party relationships (both new and existing), group bookings, events, and additional revenue streams.
- Search and continually deliver new opportunities. Identify new revenue streams.
- Encourage and promote repeat business, retaining a solid contact book with existing, previous and new contacts which is kept in a clear, concise, central contact database.
- Building relationships with local businesses, partner with our Central Marketing team to drive revenue such as local discount offerings. Manage and leverage relationships with local third party companies and partners to drive sales and guest groups
- Is key liaison point between guest and restaurant management team to ensure smooth running of events
- Is responsible for providing restaurant with complete and detailed function sheet including all booking-specific information, such as menu choice; wine requirements; allergy info; payment details; table set-up etc
- Follows up on every event to get guest feedback, which must be passed on to the restaurant team and relevant Restaurant General Manager
- Regular meetings with Restaurant Managers to fully understand and support the restaurant’s needs.
- At least 2 year within an events, marketing or sales role, ideally within hospitality
- Written and verbal English essential, with good use of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Open table or Collins preferred
***PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A LONDON BASED ROLE, based in our Head Office in Threadneedle Street, Bank London.
Great Benefits include:
- 28 Days Holiday
- Our prestigious Academy training
- 50% off your food and wine bill at M Restaurants & Gaucho
- Access to our Rarities Employee discounts portal with great deals on travel, shopping and online course