Hotel Night Manager – Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa
Do you know your late check in’s from your early check outs? Like our daytime reception teams, our night teams are often the first member of Hand Picked Hotels our guests meet when they come to visit, which means they get to make one of the biggest impressions. As the Night Manager you will be responsible for the Hotel, service delivery and the safety of our guests throughout the night.
Your team will get to know what someone needs before they even know it themselves, leaving them impressed, reassured, and most importantly, feeling at home. It doesn’t matter if they’re first time visitors or returning guests, your team will charm them from the initial welcome to the “Good night” or “Have a safe journey” with the impeccable standards of service you encourage them to deliver.
Ensuring safety and security is a main priority for our night teams, but they are also expert all-rounders helping to fulfil many different roles whilst they are on shift, such as working on the bar, cleaning, setting up conference rooms and delivering room service food orders. If you have experience working night shifts within a hotel and are looking for a new challenge, then we would welcome you to apply.
This is a full time role that involves working from 10.45pm to 7.15am five days per week to include weekends on a rota basis – something you will be responsible for.
What’s in it for you:
• A competitive salary & share of the Hotel service charge to boost your earnings.
• Optional live in accommodation charged at just £57.40 per week all-inclusive of meals and bills
• Use of Health Club facilities including gym, swimming pool and fitness classes
• Delicious meals on duty provided
• 28 days holiday rising to 33 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty.
• £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS discounted food, drink and spa treatments. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
• Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
• Working in stunning surroundings and in a property packed with character
• Free parking on site
• Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
• Pension & Life Assurance Scheme
• Training & Development to include Hand Picked People management training courses such as Behavioural Interviewing and Appraisal skills and the option to complete a Level 5 Management apprenticeship
• Most of all, you’ll have a professional, organised and friendly approach
• You’ll have previous experience working within a hotel ideally in a similar role - knowledge of Opera is desirable but not essential
• You will have experience of training colleagues and will enjoy motivating others to be their best
• You’ll be passionate about making our guests feel at home, and will develop a thorough knowledge of our of hotel products and services
• You’ll have recent experience of working night shifts and being responsible for the health and safety of our guests
• You’ll be excellent at building a rapport with colleagues and guests
• You’ll take pride in your appearance and always lead by example as the face of Hand Picked Hotels
Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa is a 4 Silver Star Hotel with 60 bedrooms, a 2 AA Rosette restaurant, bar, conference and event facilities, a busy Health Club & Spa and on site staff accommodation.
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 19 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.