POSITION TITLE: Finance Director
REPORTS TO: Managing Director / Chairman / Board of Directors
A leading restaurant group with over 7 years success, are recruiting for a Finance Director (FD) to serve as the key resource on all global financial matters. Reporting to a Managing Director, the FD will be charged with ensuring proper accounting, cash management, tax systems, Corporate governance and franchise reporting are in place to support the company’s growth.
Our mission quite simply is to set trends in the hospitality industry and deliver best in class food and service in impressive venues. With a flagship restaurant in London, further presence in Europe, along with expansion plans within the Middle East, the US and beyond, this is an excellent opportunity for a global FD to join a leading and world-renowned hospitality business.
The ideal candidate must have a broad financial career with a proven track record in strategic planning. A reputation for outstanding team leadership with the ability to successfully manage and develop a multi-functional team of finance professionals within a multi-location growing hospitality business. The position will be hands on and will be rewarded well.
This is a global FD position working across UK and global multi-site locations. International working and travel required where necessary.
- Identify, maintain, communicate, and execute finance opportunities
- As a member of the management team, develop business plans and forecasts to estimate the future cash impact of such decisions
- In cooperation with Senior Management and Department Heads, develop individual department budgets, which consolidate into an overall corporate budget and become part of the corporate business plan
- Prepare timely and accurate Management reports which provide useful information over and above standard financial reporting
- Develop and monitor capital expenditure budgeting considering project cost, financing costs, cash flow and return on investment. Also, review existing capital investments to justify viability
- In conjunction with set policies in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles taking into consideration the objectives of the Company
- Work with the bank and other financial institutions to supply all reporting required in the debt agreements and ensure compliance of all debt covenants
- Oversee yearly Audit and maintain relationships with external stakeholders including landlords, suppliers etc.
- Review of relevant contracts agreements and legal documents
- With the Finance Manager, develop and maintain an internal control of structure that ensures the integrity of accounting information is maintained in the areas of receivables, payables, treasury, revenues, fixed assets and financial reporting
- Develop a timely and accurate process of monitoring cash flow to ensure internal control an maximize the return in cash assets
- Along with the outside tax advisors, coordinate tax-planning strategies to minimize tax
- Assemble and supervise the finance group’s, monitor staff performance and evaluate department effectiveness
- Identify, maintain, communicate, analyze, assess, feasibility and recommend acquisitions
- Lead financial aspects for acquisition opportunities
- In conjunction with the Senior Management team, monitor accounts receivable and provide feedback and direction on any collection matters
- Manage Group Insurance plan and Group Benefits plan
- Review and approve new location prospects and proposed locations
- Oversee and guide the Investor Relations function
- Report to the Board and trustees regarding results from operations
- Prepare and present business plans and financial reports for all the entities
- Working closely with outside insurance advisor and consultant, maintaining and continuously review and enhance risk management and insurance programs
- Provide a presence within the industry and with various associations as required
- Prepare report on all special projects for Owners, MD and Senior Management
- A minimum of 10 + years, progressively more responsible senior level accounting experience in the restaurant, Hospitality or consumer retail space
- Qualified Accountant (CA, ACCA, CIMA) or equivalent
- A broad financial career track including areas such as strategic planning, financial management, accounting, budgeting, and forecasting, and cash management
- A reputation for outstanding team leadership with proven ability to successfully manage and develop a multi-functional team of finance professionals within a multi-location growing company
- Strategic thinking skills with the ability to balance the long-term objectives with day-to-day tactical realities as well as analytical skills with the demonstrated ability to handle complexity
- Outstanding communication skills
- Analytical ability coupled with experience selecting and implementing new technologies
- Personal characteristics that include high energy with a focus on detail, excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills, and the highest level of integrity, ethics and business judgment
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Interest in working for a global business, with periodic internationally travel required