Head of Sustainability - Moreton-In-Marsh
Daylesford: people who want to make a difference
At the core of Daylesford is our care for the environment, our animals and our people. For over forty years we’ve strived to inspire change and nurture growth, and our teams are made up of people who take pride in what they do every day. We know that together we can make a difference for the future of our planet and the wellbeing of our customers.
We have a unique and special opening for a new Head of Sustainability to join the Daylesford family.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for an industry-leading figure to join an organisation which has been at the forefront of sustainable organic farming in the UK for a generation.
We are looking for an exceptional Sustainability professional to develop and lead our ESG strategy whilst maintaining Daylesford’s position as a leading voice in the sustainable farming movement. Your values and ethics will align seamlessly with those of our founder Carole Bamford, to continue Daylesford’s mission to make a difference for the future of our planet. You’ll possess a deep understanding and appreciation of our history, enabling you to lead a pursuit for a better tomorrow.
About the role
As our Head of Sustainability, you’ll act as the knowledge centre for sustainability across the organisation whilst engaging with internal stakeholders at all levels. You’ll work alongside many key business functions to enhance their sustainability capability, outcomes and drive continuous improvement. This is a hands-on role in a diverse and dynamic family business – a practical and flexible approach is essential.
- Generate new ideas and forward-thinking sustainable initiatives for the organisation Review major projects and integrate sustainability initiatives from concept through to operation
- Manage the sustainability champions with regular meetings and engagement
- Measure sustainability performance with audit and document against business targets
- Act as a centre of knowledge on ESG (environmental, social and corporate governance) issues ensuring teams across the organisation are aligned
- Represent Daylesford at internal events and assist in assembling speakers and event content
- Contribute written and audio-visual content for brand platforms and external publications
- Partner with Marketing to enhance customer-facing communications with transparency and integrity, and align with sector-wide initiatives
- Engage with external industry experts and public advisory groups to assist with relevant benchmarking to ensure Daylesford is “best in class”
- 8-10 years’ experience within an industry-leading sustainable business centred around sustainable farming, food production or similar
- Detailed understanding of sustainable and organic food production supply chains
- Soil and farmland ecology knowledge
- Experience working with Governmental boards and advisory groups, possessing a strong network of industry-leading advocates
- Proven track record in delivering ESG strategy at an organisational wide level
- Substantial Project Management experience
- First-class presentation & communication skills and experience of public speaking
- Strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
- A minimum of a science degree in a relevant subject area
- Sustainable building, infrastructure and facilities management experience would be desirable
This role is based at Daylesford Farm in Gloucestershire (GL56) and will require regular travel to our London stores and farm sites in Staffordshire.
Full-time position based on 40 hours per week including flexibility to attend internal and external events when required.
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- 50% staff lunch discount (at local Daylesford store)
- 30% company discount
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Subsidised private medical insurance
This truly is an extraordinary opportunity to lead the sustainability strategy for one of the most sustainable organic farms in the Uk.
If you would like to be part of our unique business – we would love to hear from you.