Gaucho are looking for an experienced and passionate Sous Chef to join one of our London restaurants! We are famous for our Argentinian steak, so you will need to be experienced in working as a Sous Chef in a fresh food kitchen, and be extremely passionate about food. The successful candidate will have experience managing a team, running the kitchen and working in a fast-paced environment. They must be able to deliver high quality dishes following a spec, and have a genuine passion for cooking.
Our food and wine menus have a contemporary global influence, based strongly around modern Argentina. Our quality beef comes from Argentinian, premium Black-Angus cattle bred at hand selected farms, reared by our partners who we have worked with for many years. Working closely with our Head Chefs, the successful Sous Chef should bring with them a wealth of creative knowledge and an eye for detailed presentation. The next Sous Chef should have an impressive career background, and operational culinary talent. We need the successful chef to be a reliable number two to the Head Chef, have an inspirational management style and be exceptionally passionate about the development of their team.
• To possess strong operational and leadership skills with regard to both knowledge and operation.
• To ensure daily, weekly and monthly cleaning duties are carried out as instructed by senior chefs.
• To help and maintain a maximum yield in the kitchen in relation to the gross profit and wastage
• To undertake dealings with suppliers and commercial partners of the business with regard to kitchen operations set and agreed by
the Head Chef & Sous Chef.
• To check all inbound food deliveries to ensure consistency and quality of all items delivered for the kitchen operation.
• To assist the Head Chef with specials planning, costing, daily GP% financial sheets, payroll and all operations of the kitchen.
• Ensure all health and safety practices are followed, and participate in controlling stock and portion control.
- Have worked as a Sous Chef in a high volume kitchen environment
- Will have a passion for fresh quality produce, preferably has experience of working with quality steaks and or in a busy grill kitchen.
- Be organised and able to communicate effectively with a team, coaching and developing daily.
- Have a solid understanding of stock management, and health and safety compliance.
- The successful Sous Chef must follow in the kitchens ethos: calm, team-led, friendly and collaborative.
Training and benefits
• Opportunity to gain qualifications through Apprenticeship Scheme
• Ongoing training, career development and progression.
• Access to our employee discounts platform, cycle to work scheme and 50% staff discount.