Commis Chef - Somerset
A Commis Chef position is now available at our five star holiday resort; Cheddar Woods Resort and Spa. This is an excellent opportunity to become a key part of our friendly team.
The Bar and Restaurant at our popular retreat offers a range of meals to suit every taste.
You will work as part of a small team to assist in the cleanliness and hygiene of the workplace and ensure all preparation and presentation of food is in line with the company’s high standards.
This is a permanent full time position to work variable hours, these will include evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
This role is ideal for candidates searching for kitchen jobs within a commutable distance of Cheddar.
- Ensure all food preparation and service is consistent, prompt and to a high standard.
- All stock rotation is accurate and effective.
- Ensure the cleanliness of all work areas.
- Adhering to correct portion sizes and effective control of all waste.
- Comply with all food hygiene regulations at all times.
What experience you will need
- Similar previous experience is desired within a similar role.
What skills you will need
- Catering qualifications and Level 3 Food Safety are desirable but not essential.
- Driving licence and ability to drive is advantageous due to the location of the park.
- Strong communication skills through various methods.
- Positive attitude with willingness to learn new skills.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Discounted staff breaks at our luxurious holiday resorts across the UK
- Free use of all Darwin Escapes resort facilities including many of our free gyms and swimming pools
- Food discount across all resorts
- Discounts on spa treatments
- *'Introduce a friend' recruitment bonus
- *100% work attendance bonus
- *Company employee sick pay
- Compassionate leave pay
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free access to the Darwin Academy training programme to help further your career and skill levels
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health Shield cash plan
- *Subject to terms and conditions
*Subject to terms and conditions