Chef de Partie - Somerset
Chef de Partie required to join the team at Cheddar Wood Resort and Spa . A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a key role to join our busy team at this popular countryside resort.
We are looking for an ambitious and motivated Chef who is looking to learn new skills alongside a talented team. This exciting position would also suit a Commis Chef who is ready to take the next step in their career.
The successful candidate will work alongside our skilled Head Chef and be responsible for various aspects of the kitchen. Day to day duties will include food preparation, waste management and portion control. You will become a key part of the team, and perform consistently in line with the company’s high standards.
This is a permanent position to work part time hours. This will include evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
This role is ideal for candidates searching for Chef jobs within the Cheddar area.
- Take responsibility for consistent and prompt preparation and ensure food service is to a high standard.
- Accurate and effective stock rotation.
- Ensure clean, hygienic and tidy workspaces within the kitchen at all times.
- Ensure correct portion sizes are followed and waste is closely managed.
- Comply with all food hygiene regulations at all times.
What experience you will need
- Some previous experience within a busy kitchen environment is desired.
What skills you will need
- Catering qualifications and level 3 food safety are desirable but not essential.
- Strong communication skills.
- Positive work ethic with a willingness to learn new skills.
- A driving licence and ability to drive is an advantage to enable easy travel to the park.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Discounted staff breaks at our luxurious holiday resorts across the UK
- Free use of all Darwin Escapes resort facilities including many of our free gyms and swimming pools
- Food discount across all resorts
- Discounts on spa treatments
- *'Introduce a friend' recruitment bonus
- *100% work attendance bonus
- *Company employee sick pay
- Compassionate leave pay
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free access to the Darwin Academy training programme to help further your career and skill levels
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health Shield cash plan
*Subject to terms and conditions