The Glengower is a traditional foodie pub with 16 bedrooms, sitting on the stunning seafront promenade of Aberystwyth. With the hard work of all the team, we have gained a reputation for offering a relaxed and friendly stay to all our guests, and we are currently looking for a BREAKFAST CHEF to assist in our busy kitchen and further strengthen our team.
If you are a morning person, know your way around a kitchen and thrive on a busy working environment then you could fit right in. As you can imagine, in the mornings, we have hungry guests wishing to dine on a full Welsh breakfast and we are looking for someone who can not only deliver that but can also help out with the days prep and our lunchtime service. Ideally someone who has experience as a breakfast chef but if not, experience in a commercial kitchen.
This is the perfect role for someone who is an early bird, likes to get their work done and then be finished by mid-afternoon. If this sounds like your ideal work pattern, then this could be the job for you!
The Glengower is run by the Stange & Co pub group. We are an expanding family company that puts our teams first, we realise it’s our teams and their hard work that make our pubs successful. We don’t open Christmas Day, so you’ll be able to enjoy it with your family or in someone else’s pub!
Dependant on experience + Tips + Employee Discounts and Company Benefits
HOURS OF WORK
The position is full time and permanent, working on a rota basis, 5 days out of 7, from 6.30am.
- Discounted accommodation rates – up to 50% off at all company sites
- Food discount: - up to 50% off at all company sites
- Pension scheme – contributory group personal pension scheme
- Live in accommodation available
- Training and advancement opportunities
- Travel and job swap opportunities within the company
- Flexible working hours
- Christmas staff social event
- 5.6 weeks’ holiday entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Length of Service Recognition Rewards
- Up to £1000 when you recommend a friend or family member to work at any Stange & Co site (subject to terms & conditions being met)
- Guaranteed Christmas Day Off
- 24/7, 365 days a year access to confidential and expert advice through our Employee Assistance Programme with Hospitality Action
If you think you could be the next Breakfast Chef at The Glengower, then please send us an email telling us a little bit about yourself with your CV to Ian Richards (General Manager) using the ‘APPLY’ button.