Sous Chef at in Shaun Rankin at Grantley Hall
This is a unique chance to be part of a team delivering the ultimate dining experience.
The Sous Chef will assist the Head chef in the smooth running of a 5-star kitchen, to lead from the front and participate in staff training, menu design, health and safety and administrative tasks, to take full control of the kitchen operation in the absence of the head chef and be an inspiration to the rest of team both front and back of house.
This is an amazing opportunity to work within one of the best Restaurants in Yorkshire.
- To assist the head chef in the day to day running of the kitchen
- To ensure the whole team is working to safe and legal practices.
- Follow and manage all HACCAP procedures with the kitchen management team.
- To ensure the training and standards are always kept.
- To ensure the staffing levels are kept to the correct business levels.
- To ensure all products entering and leaving the kitchens are to the set Grantley standards.
- To manage coach junior members of the team with the SOP’s given to them.
- Ensuring all orders are complete for the section Mange stock control and purchasing.
- To be pro-active with customer comments and complaints.
- To be aware of up to date modern trends and be “industry aware”.
- To identify areas of upselling opportunity and be proactive in increasing revenue generation for all areas of the business.
Key Skills, Qualities & Experience
- The successful individual will be confident, self-motivated and present a professional persona.
- Solid leadership and Management skills.
- Good knowledge of fresh grown and foraged seasonal ingredients.
- Sound knowledge of modern, classical food and cooking techniques.
- Have a high level of creativity, reliability and can work with in the seasons.
- The ability to demonstrate a strong customer service ethos and the ability to deliver consistently high levels of service delivery.
- Knowledge and understanding of a procurement system would be advantageous.
- A flexible approach to work is required given the start-up nature of the business.
- Held a similar position within a quality graded establishment.
- Can produce several quality references.
- Can do attitude.
- Team player.
Grantley Hall is an exclusive, five star luxury hotel and wellness retreat, nestled in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. With 47 exquisite rooms and suites, four exceptional restaurants and three sophisticated bars. The extensive development has also included the introduction of a tranquil spa and pioneering ELITE luxury gym and executive wellness facility, alongside a stunning events pavilion that seats up to 180 guests with a unique and glamorous champagne and cocktail bar.
Grantley Hall aims to be a leading UK luxury hotel and wellness retreat, bringing a touch of vibrant city centre style to the Yorkshire countryside. We will create a long-lasting legacy that celebrates the rich heritage and history of Grantley Hall. Offering a distinctly different and diverse range of experiences and exceptional customer service, and combined with the warmth of our welcome, and relaxed Yorkshire charm we aim to create memorable moments for our guests to cherish and a magical place for our friends and colleagues to work.
Magical | Respectful | Innovative | Passionate | Consistent
• 31 days annual leave (including bank holidays) increasing with service,
• Grantley Gateway - discounts on supermarket shopping, cinema tickets, meals out, local attractions and cash back on online purchases.
• Increased maternity and paternity leave with length of service.
• We celebrate success. With a summer party, winter awards ceremony as well team events and incentives. throughout the year we also celebrate training achievements, birthdays, marriages, new babies and length of service awards.
• Pension - Eligible team members will benefit from a NEST pension scheme.
• 24/7 team assistant line.
• Complimentary nutritious meal when on duty.
• Team Member of the Month Awards.
• Refer a Friend Award.
• All team members will be issued with a bespoke Grantley Hall uniform
The Grantley Academy is our dedicated training facility based at East Lodge within the Grantley Hall estate. We offer on the job training, personal development, coaching & mentoring, managerial and supervisory training coupled with professional qualifications specific to each individual’s requirements.
On arrival, each team member will receive a bespoke development plan to support them in their new job role and their learning journey with us. Whether the dream is of becoming the next Michelin starred chef, leading marketer or head housekeeper, the Grantley Academy will help pave your way to success.
Joining us at Grantley Hall brings the opportunity of a 5 star career at a 5 star hotel.