Kitchen Porter - Moreton-In-Marsh
Daylesford: people who want to make a difference
At the core of Daylesford is our care for the environment, our animals and our people. For over forty years we’ve strived to inspire change and nurture growth, and our teams are made up of people who take pride in what they do every day. We know that together we can make a difference for the future of our planet and the wellbeing of our customers.
Our Daylesford family is growing, and we are looking for an engaging and passionate Kitchen Porter to join our kitchen team.
With amazing career progression, we will train and develop you every step of the way to be the best that you can be with the opportunity to build your career with us.
Full-Time contract, based on 45 hours per week, straight shifts, no late nights, salary is £20,000pa plus approx. £3,000 pa. of service charge when the Cafe is fully operational
- Competitive salary plus service charge
- Training and development to advance your career
- 28 days holiday (incl. bank holiday)
- 50% staff lunch discount
- 30% company discount
- Refer a friend scheme – up to £1,000
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Subsidised private medical insurance
- Free uniform
As a Kitchen Porter, you will be able to work alongside the kitchen team in maintaining a clean and safe work place across the kitchen and all the back of house areas.
Ideally, you’ll have worked in similar food, restaurant or café environments before or you’ll simply have a passion for good food so that the basics come easily to you. Knowing quite a bit about us, our produce and our recipes is a must. The role will require bags of stamina and you’ll enjoy the fast pace of working in our kitchens. You’ll be very organised and able to seamlessly coordinate your station.
- Collect and wash pots, pans, plates and cutlery
- Ensure pots, pans, plates and cutlery are put back into service as quickly as possible
- Wash and disinfect kitchen appliances, work surfaces, floors and walls
- Ensure all the kitchen equipment is properly stored
- Organise the storeroom
- Ensure cleaning rotas is followed and adhered to at all times
- Remove and recycle waste from the kitchen
- Comply with the store internal audit requirements
If you would like to be part of our truly unique business – we would love to hear from you.