Commercial Finance Manager - Leeds
Do you want to add value in a fast-paced commercial business partnering role where you have the opportunity to influence at a senior level with direct accountability for key trading projects
Business partnering the Non Edible Grocery buying team from buyer to senior director level you will have shared accountability for >3n business, you will report into the Non Edible Grocery senior manager with an opportunity to mentor within the team.
You will have ownership within the total food trading finance team for our own brand products, as the lead business partner you will help to set the strategic direction, identify opportunities and provide insight whilst supporting the team on prioritisation.
You will monitor performance against plan/forecast/market to understand, challenge and improve performance. You will and play a lead finance role in strategic decision-making influencing upwards at a senior level.
Developing new data visualisation tools and using existing tools you will engage the business in making better data driven decisions and providing insight in line with the commercial finance strategy. You will play a pivotal role in developing, utilising and supporting the buying teams in adopting more efficient ways of working.
Alongside business partnering you will have ownership of projects across the total Food Trading Finance team that support the business strategy and allow you to work cross-functionally, recent projects include developing sales mix analytics tool, counters remodel evaluation, range change reviews, etc. You will take ownership for providing regular updates to the finance team
You will play an active role in the broader Food and GM Trading Finance team and broader commercial finance function through regular huddles and workstreams, building your network with opportunities for progression
- You will be a qualified accountant either ACA, CIMA, ACCA or MBA
- Confident and proactive with the ability to challenge stakeholders at a senior level
- You must have demonstrable analytical and data visualisation skills
- Highly analytical and inquisitive approach with an eye for detail
- Experience in commercial finance with confidence to set the agenda
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to build credible relationships
If flexible working is important to you, then look no further! At Asda, we are proud of our culture and our commitment to flexible working. This role is based at Asda House, Leeds with the flexibility to work from home 2-3 days per week
You will also get an excellent benefits package including;-
- 5,700 company car or car allowance plus discretionary company bonus
- Company pension up to 7% matched
- 10% colleague discount, free parking and many additional rewards.
We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best and true selves to work, every day. Simply put, we want our colleagues to be Proud to be Asda and proud to be themselves.