Health & Performance Coach - Jersey
Up to £32K basic (OTE 54K) + Additional Discretionary Bonus + Benefits
Start Date: May 2021
Application Closing Date: 14th March
Strive is more than a health club. We are the brand-new way of thinking about health, wellness and performance.
We apply a holistic approach to achieve everyday health & fitness goals, wrapping a sphere of support around all of our health club members and our athletes.
We are looking for high class individuals with the skill set, qualifications and knowledge to join our team in a rare opportunity to work on the beautiful island of Jersey, within one of Europe’s premier health & performance facilities.
Location: STRIVE JERSEY LTD
- Health, wellbeing and performance
- Jersey, Channel Island
- Full Time SALARIED Position
Job Overview – Roles and Responsibilities
- Conduct individual consultations, develop and deliver individual performance programs for members and athletes.
- Conduct performance training for members and athletes within the health club and performance center.
- Provide coaching, guidance and support for all individual athletes accessing the health club.
- Deliver specific coaching / instruction for groups of members & athletes.
- Lead education sessions to groups of students in conjunction with educational staff and medical / scientific practitioners.
- Excellent coaching, verbal and written communication skills.
- Leadership and the ability to work within a team.
- Ability to work under pressure with a positive, welcoming attitude.
Goals and Objectives: Coach and support for all members and performance athletes.
Added requirements: Ability to motivate and support members, both junior and senior, and the general public.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of working within 2 of the following practices:
- Elite level sport – Fitness / Strength & Conditioning Coach
- Commercial Health Club - Personal Trainer / Gym Coach
- Sports teacher or Coach (11-21 years age groups)
- Sports science / coaching / teaching degree (preferred).
- REP Level 4 Personal Training (preferred).
- Computer literate.
- Specific sports coaching qualifications (Level 2 or above)
- Wellness and/or nutrition qualifications
- Pilates or Yoga qualifications
- Group exercise qualifications
Contact: Please send covering note outlining your suitability in the available space when applying