Food & Beverage Manager - Bude
A Food and Beverage Manager is required to join the team at our five star Sandymouth Holiday Resort. Join our friendly team at our beautiful coastal holiday resort in Bude, Cornwall.
The successful candidate will work with and manage a small Front of House team and be responsible for all food and beverage service in line with the company's high standards. Day to day responsibilities will include overseeing the general customer service standards within the bar and restaurant areas, ensuring the cleanliness and presentation of the areas are up to the standard required, managing and motivating the front of house team, and ensuring the department is fully and efficiently stocked.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated individual. You will lead the team in fantastic customer service so excellent interpersonal skills are a must. While previous experience is an advantage, we are looking for someone who will fit with the team. Alongside this, great organisational skills are key to ensure effective operation of the department.
This is a permanent position to work full time, variable hours. This will include evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
This role is ideal for candidates searching for Hospitality Management jobs within a commutable distance of Bude.
- Managing the Front of House team effectively
- Ensuring the team are serving food and beverages promptly and efficiently with a high standard of customer service
- Glass collecting and resetting of tables is completed promptly
- Ensure the cleanliness and presentation of all areas
- Ensure accurate cash handling, using Epos Systems, providing training to the team where required
- Stock rotation of merchandise on shelves and in fridges
- Completing staff rotas, taking into account seasons, holiday requests and park budgets
- Ensure the effective training and motivation of the team
What experience you will need
- Similar experience advantageous
- Previous management or supervisory experience is essential
- Previous management experience within a bar or restaurant is desired
What skills you will need
- Excellent attention to customer care is essential
- Driving licence and access to vehicle preferred due to limited public transport and shift timings
- Great communication skills
- Positive outlook and willing to learn
- Great organisational skills
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Discounted staff breaks at our luxurious holiday resorts across the UK
- Free use of all Darwin Escapes resort facilities including many of our free gyms and swimming pools
- Food discount across all resorts
- Discounts on spa treatments
- *'Introduce a friend' recruitment bonus
- *100% work attendance bonus
- *Company employee sick pay
- Compassionate leave pay
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free access to the Darwin Academy training programme to help further your career and skill levels
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health Shield cash plan
- *Subject to terms and conditions