Grounds and Maintenance Assistant - Bewaldeth
The team at Keswick Reach Lodge Retreat have an opportunity for a Grounds and Maintenance Assistant to join them at their five star resort in Bewaldeth, Keswick!
The successful candidate will assist the team in the upkeep of all company buildings and guest accommodation. This will involve responding to maintenance requests from guests on site, assisting with renovation projects and attending to any planned daily maintenance tasks.
Alongside this, you will work within the Grounds team to ensure the appearance of the resort is kept up to the five star standard expected from Keswick Reach. Duties will include grass cutting and strimming, edging and weeding borders and clearing pathways.
Finally, you will assist in the cleaning and maintenance of all hot tubs on changeover days.
This is a permanent position to work full time, variable hours. Hours will be based on a 3 week rolling rota.
This role is perfect for anyone searching for grounds or maintenance positions within a commutable distance of Bewaldeth and the surrounding areas.
- Assist in the maintenance of guest accommodation and company buildings
- Complete maintenance jobs as requested by the Reception team and Grounds Manager
- Assist in completion of any renovation projects or redecoration
- Complete any planned daily, weekly and monthly maintenance tasks
- Work within the grounds team to complete general grounds maintenance
- Complete grass cutting, strimming and edging
- Ensure the resort is kept clean and free of debris
- Complete any necessary paperwork following repairs and maintenance
What experience you will need
- Previous experience preferred
- Previous maintenance experience is an advantage
What skills you will need
- Driving licence is essential, as you will be required to use the buggies or vehicles at the site
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn
What we offer
- Competitive rate of pay
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Discounted staff breaks at our luxurious holiday resorts across the UK
- Free use of all Darwin Escapes resort facilities including many of our free gyms and swimming pools
- Food discount across all resorts
- Discounts on spa treatments
- *'Introduce a friend' recruitment bonus
- *100% work attendance bonus
- *Company employee sick pay
- Compassionate leave pay
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free access to the Darwin Academy training programme to help further your career and skill levels
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health Shield cash plan
*Subject to terms and conditions