Club Manager – London Fields, Hackney – New Opening
Role: Club Manager reporting to owner
Location: London Fields, Hackney, London
Reward: £30,000 - £35,000 + up to 25% sales target bonus
Purpose of Role
The Club Manager is responsible for the general running of all aspects of the club with specific emphasis on the sale of new memberships, retention of existing members, management of staff and contractors plus H&S requirements.
Context of the Role
With closing in on 5000 clubs worldwide and 200 clubs in the UK, Anytime Fitness is the fastest growing fitness chain across the globe. The new gym at London Fields will be a flagship new generation project with the most advanced equipment and highest level of fit out available to the network.
As a new project the manager will be starting 1st April, before the presale phase and work together with the owner to strategize and successfully implement a strong opening of the club.
The owner is looking for a Club Manager that can not only take this club to a leadership position in the local market, but who also has the ambition and skills to work with the owner to develop a range of clubs in and around London. It is therefore vital that this person is committed for the longer term to the task ahead.
The role-holder will have a proven track record in managing a team of sales staff within a high-quality service or sales environment from within the leisure industry, who will thrive working within a very structured and successful sales process - working to agreed key performance indicators. A large part of the role will be to manage, coach, train and develop a team of like-minded, performance driven sales staff and as such outstanding communication and interpersonal skills are essential. They will have the ability to drive the Anytime Fitness culture within the club and to meet and exceed the members expectations.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Sales: Achieve new member, total membership and income targets.
- Member Retention: Utilise Anytime Fitness systems and initiatives aimed at improving and maintaining member retention.
- Club Operations: The overall running of the club’s day to day operating requirements.
- Management, Training, and Development: Manage, train, and motivate staff so that they are capable of delivering within their required job description.
- Marketing: Development of the Anytime Fitness Brand in London Fields increasing brand awareness, new membership sales, and revenue lines.
- Fitness Classes: Manage ROTA of staff for fitness classes and assure they are run to the highest standard. Cover classes where appropriate, requiring a level 2 fitness instructor qualification.
- Health & Safety: Adherence of Club H&S requirements as specified by Citation.
- Equal Opportunities: Responsible for ensuring the Anytime Fitness equal opportunities and discrimination policy is adhered to and enforced.
Full Details are available on request. We can only consider applicants who are settled in the UK.