Finding your fit at The Gym is what we are all about and we're guessing it's what brought you here!
We're always encouraging people to take the first step and challenge themselves and you would be crazy to miss this opportunity to join our amazing Finance Team as Group Tax & Treasury Manager.
So, what's stopping you? Apply today!
What you need to know about us...
We're not like any other Gym company we are THE GYM, a place where everyone can find their fit and be their best. We hire real people with real passion, whose positivity and enthusiasm motivate and innovate. Our teams are friendly and engaging and they thrive in an environment where they have the flexibility to be awesome and to continuously develop and improve themselves!
We actively invest in our people... don't believe us? Check out our big shiny "Investors In People" gold award... now you don't see that every day! We are really proud of our teams and we promise to push them to challenge their limits and celebrate with them when they achieve new goals. They work hard, they deliver results and they reap the rewards.
By membership we are the 2nd largest gym business in the UK and the 4th largest in Europe. We are the only publicly listed UK health and fitness operator.
What you need to know about the role...
This is a great opportunity to join an evolving team in a fast paced, forward thinking and friendly environment. The role offers a high degree of flexibility in hours/days worked for someone looking to work part-time on a flexible basis (3-4 days per week).
The successful candidate will be managing all aspects of tax, along with treasury on a more flexible basis (based on the agreed hours per week). This includes liaising with HMRC, bank lenders and external advisors as appropriate.
- Support the development of the tax strategy and implementation of governance structures across all taxes
- Technical advisor to the business on all tax matters, for example with respect to new sources of ancillary revenue or property acquisitions
- Work with multiple stakeholders, including external advisers, the property team, operational teams and transactional finance to identify tax risks and opportunities and implement process improvements
- Monitor and assess the impact of any legislative changes
- Production of corporate tax returns and quarterly payments on account
- Oversight of the VAT process, including production of VAT returns
- Prepare the tax provision for annual and interim reports
- Analyse, optimise and prepare tax claims and elections such as capital allowances and research and development reliefs
- Management of transfer pricing
- Provide technical advice to the payroll team in relation to employment taxes and associated submissions and returns
- Tax planning and optimisation
- Tax support for ad hoc projects
- Support the development of the treasury policy
- Support the design and implementation of the process for both short and medium term cash flow forecasts
- Management of debt facilities including relationship with lenders, periodic reporting and refinancing of facilities as and when required
- Management of day-to-day banking
- Management and documentation of hedging facilities, including effectiveness testing
- Completion of the treasury sections of the annual and interim reports.
- Point of contact for the wider business and external advisors on tax and treasury matters
- Support routine and ad hoc financial reporting
- Support the Finance Director on ad hoc matters as required
And now a little about you...
We want to hear from you if you have the following...
- Strong corporate tax experience with some experience of at least one other tax
- Experience of working as an in-house tax specialist
- Good knowledge of accounting for tax under IFRS
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple concurrent workstreams
- Ability to communicate complex matters clearly and concisely to non-finance colleagues
- Ability to engage and influence others, working cross-functionally with colleagues from other finance functions
- A continuous improvement mindset, with the ability to identify and deliver process improvements
- Outstanding problem solving skills and a resilient, can-do attitude
- Excellent academics.
- Experience of treasury activities
- Experience of working in a multi-site business
- Workday systems experience.