Senior UI Designer
Reporting to: Head of Digital Product
Based: East Croydon (Flexible working)
Here at The Gym Group we believe we are simply the best in our industry! Our amazing teams have skills, abilities and can-do attitudes that make this a great place to work!
We have strong, embedded values and an easy-going culture which ensures we put our people first. We pride ourselves on being fun, innovative, inclusive and engaging. We are now on the lookout for a Senior UI Designer to join our growing Digital Team.
So, what's stopping you? Apply today!
What you need to know about us...
We're not like any other gym company; we are The Gym Group, a place where you can #BeYouWithUs and perform to your absolute best. And we're successful; by membership we're the 2nd largest gym business in the UK and the 4th largest in Europe and have held the prestigious Investors in People Gold Award for 2 years!
We hire people with real passion, whose positivity and enthusiasm motivate and inspire those around them. We actively invest in our employees; it's so important to us that our people can thrive in our environment and can make the most of the flexibility and support we offer to all of our teams. We are proud of our people and our Gym Support teams are phenomenal; you want to be a part of that, we know you do!
What you need to know about the role...
Our pioneering low-cost, no contract, 24x7 business model relies heavily on innovative digital experiences. All our members join via the website and our online self-serve tools are a key part of the member proposition. Our website and app serve well over 1m users each month and our digital offering becomes increasingly important as the membership base grows, and the health and fitness industry continues to embrace technology.
Over the last 3 years we've invested heavily in our digital presence, with our new platform winning prestigious recognition including a Digital Masters Award in 2018 and a Digital Experience Award in 2019.
The Senior UI Designer is responsible for designing a best in class digital experiences online, in-app and in-gym.
You will be working very closely with UX designers, stakeholders in commercial product & proposition, customer marketing, customer service, operations, finance and technology.
You will live and breathe our member's experience always advocating for their needs. Our Design Team is new so you will be breaking fresh ground and bring Design thinking to TGG! You can help build something great!
We will also consider part time should that suit your lifestyle!
As Senior UI Designer you will:
- Help transform the TGG digital experience for our members
- Understand and translate customer and business needs to guide our digital products
- Work closely with our Trading, Commercial, Operations, Property, Finance and Technology teams to ensure our digital experience complements and supports the overall business strategy
- Work within our product teams to provide best in class user experience design
- Produce and maintain a Design System (Invision DSM)
- Help build our digital design capability from scratch
- Maintain a highly organised level of working standard
- Produce designs that are on-brand and conscious of accessibility and web standards
- Collaborate with colleagues across the Design team
- Contribute to the improvement of processes within the team and across the business
- Ensure designs work across browsers and platforms in a fully responsive approach.
- Produce assets and design specs in a clear and organised fashion
- Be the recognised expert in all things digital design and experience!
Let us tell you what we are looking for...
To enrich our great team, we are looking for a Senior UI Designer, someone who embraces their role, the team and our culture.
You're perfect for the job if you are able to demonstrate...
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of multi-channel, integrated digital experience
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced delivery environment
- Great portfolio of high-quality visual designs for products, application and services
- Evidence of mobile app design (iOS/Android)
- Experience in working and developing a Design System
- Great knowledge of key UX/UI Design Principles and best practices
- Ability to use various design tools such as Sketch, Invision, Zeplin, Photoshop, Principle (or equivalent)
- Experience iterating on high fidelity mock-ups and prototypes
- Excellent communicator
- Great knowledge and work experience in Agile environment
- Self-motivated, charismatic, energetic, a great team player
So, we've told you all about us and our amazing new opportunity; now it's your turn to hit 'Apply' and tell us about YOU, so you can come and #BEYOUWITHUS!