Lifeguards – Harpenden Leisure Centre
- Casual Hours - (*training can be provided - T&C's apply)
- Salary: £8.55 per hour
- Free Gym Membership
This is an exciting opportunity to join the 1Life team, to help launch a fantastic new £20m Leisure Centre in the highly desirable area of Harpenden.
This is an opportunity to play a vital part in the success of the new Harpenden Leisure Centre, the Lifeguard team have one of the most important jobs at the centre, keeping our customers safe in the water.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
In order to be considered for a Lifeguard position at Harpenden Leisure Centre, you need to be a strong swimmer, and have excellent customer service skills. You should also have:
- A UK recognised pool lifeguard qualification (*training can be provided - T&C's apply)
- Understanding of relevant health and safety legislation
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to appropriately correct behaviour of pool users where necessary
- A high standard of physical fitness
- Confidence and an approachable nature
- Flexible people that can commit to regular casual hours per week/month
*Training: Places on NPLQ Courses are limited, and may be subject to learning agreements. If you are offered a place on a NPLQ Course, you will need to agree to attend all course dates in December 2020.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Taking responsibility for the Health and Safety of all our customers
- Pro-actively carrying out daily checks such as pool temperature ensuring standards are met
- Take pride in poolside surroundings, by conducting cleaning duties & maintaining hygiene standards
- Provide a professional, friendly and welcoming services to all customers
- Maintain full product knowledge of the services at our centre.
- Flexibility towards the hours and role are essential as you will be required to work on a shift-rota basis including evenings and weekends.
Working for 1Life
Working for 1Life is rewarding. All staff receive a learning and development plan throughout your career with us giving you clear direction and scope no matter what role you are in. We also offer competitive salaries, excellent company benefits and a comprehensive reward and recognition scheme to ensure that loyalty, dedication and hard work will be rewarded.
1Life is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with Investors in People Silver Award.