Night Receptionist - Epsom
The Royal Automobile Club is looking for a Night Receptionist in our glorious Woodcote Park Clubhouse. With 22 rooms and a variety of facilities including bars and restaurants this role is to be at the forefront of member service.
It is essential to be one the main point of contact to ensure memorable experiences before during and after their stay by ensuring both they and their guests feel welcome and ensure their satisfaction by maintaining the highest standards of service and hospitality at all times.
Shifts are 4 nights on, 4 nights off – 20.00 – 08.00.
Whilst the Clubhouse is currently closed we still require this role to be in so a start date in February is anticipated.
Role Responsibilities include:
- Ensure members are recognised and greeted in a friendly and warm manner using the name when known
- Be alert and discreet with any security related manner and report any suspicious person to the Security Manager
- Handle member and guest queries professionally and efficiently in order to meet or exceed expectations at all times
- Offer a professional and efficient service in respect of all customer service functions and to maintain a positive attitude in demanding situations
- Ensure luggage assistance is provided to all arriving and departing members, checking to ensure all members and guests have all their luggage and belongings with them
- Ensure you have a detailed knowledge of the clubhouse, its rules (especially dress code) and its facilities in order to be able to answer member queries and directions
- Responsible for keeping the entrance of the Club clean and tidy and the door glass free from fingerprints
- Answer the telephone using the proper telephone etiquette, always answering promptly and in a courteous manner, as described in the Standards of Performance manuals
- Ensure the beds are ready, check-in Members, handle any request for overnight laundry, shoe shine pressing, ensuring it is carried out as per the standard operation procedure manuals
Our ideal candidate:
- Previous experience in a similar luxurious establishment
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build a rapport
- Extensive customer service experience and enjoys making people happy
- Ability to think on your feet and problem solve where necessary
- Comfortable working autonomously especially at night
- Knowledge of Opera and Fidelio
- Extensive knowledge of the local area or the ability to learn
- Free meals on duty
- Perkbox discount scheme
- European RAC cover
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Staff uniform
- Limited staff accommodation
- Generous pension
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Staff fund