Retail Security Team Member - London
Daylesford: people who want to make a difference
At the core of Daylesford is our care for the environment, our animals and our people. For over forty years we’ve strived to inspire change and nurture growth, and our teams are made up of people who take pride in what they do every day. We know that together we can make a difference for the future of our planet and the wellbeing of our customers.
Our Daylesford family is growing, and we are looking for an engaging and passionate Retail Security Team Member to join us.
With amazing career progression, we will train and develop you every step of the way to be the best that you can be with the opportunity to build your career with us.
Full-time contract, £10.00 per hour, shifts Monday to Thursday 8am – 8pm
- Competitive salary
- Training and development to advance your career
- 28 days holiday (incl. bank holiday)
- 50% staff lunch discount
- 30% company discount
- Refer a friend scheme – up to £1,000
- Free organic tea, coffee, artisan bread and fresh fruit on shift
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Subsidised private medical insurance
- Opportunity to gain industry-recognised qualifications (e.g. WSET, SCAE)
- Free uniform
As a Retail Security Team Member, your purpose is to welcome all customers entering the store in a professional and friendly manner whilst maintaining high levels of store security. As well as maintaining a visual presence on the entrance you will also be required to patrol store and proactively highlight areas of risk to the Management team.
- Greets all customers in a friendly manner
- Ensure store security is appropriate at all times
- Is proactive in highlighting areas of risk
- Assists customers entering and exiting the store
- Maintains a visual presence to deter theft
- To protect customers and colleagues from physical and verbal abuse
- To patrol the store and other areas and to undertake checks in accordance with Management
- To record any suspicious activity on to an incident report ensuring the correct information is captured
- Deal with any difficult situations that arise in a safe and professional manner
- Liaise with the store management teams giving clear and concise feedback
Your communication skills will be first-class and you'll enjoy interacting with customers. Experience as a Security Guard or Door Supervisor would be beneficial. Please provide a full five-year check-able employment/education history on application for this role.
If you would like to be part of our truly unique business – we would love to hear from you.