Carrier Relationship Manager
Pets at Home Group is the UK’s leading pet care specialist, fulfilling every possible pet and owner need, from food and accessories to?grooming?and vet services. Since 1991, we’ve been building a business around pets and their owners and we’ve set our sights on becoming the best pet care business in the world. Join us now and you can be part of that journey, developing your future as we develop ours. This is a place where you can take pride and passion in your work within an inspiring, professional team that’s focused on supporting pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
Due to our continued success and growth in Multichannel sales, and the introduction of a multi-carrier strategy, we have a fantastic new opportunity for an experienced Carrier Relationship Manager to join our Digital Operations team. The role can be worked remotely but travel will be required to our Support Office in Handforth (Cheshire) and our Distribution Centre in Northampton.
About your role
As a Carrier Relationship Manager you will be responsible for managing the day to day relationships with our Carrier partners, ensuring that target KPIs and CSLs are delivered and reported whilst driving a development agenda to continuously improve performance.
Your role will provide a key opportunity to grow the business whilst continuously ensuring the customer focus is a top priority.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Defining and managing the performance/SLA metrics, completing operational visits & reviews to ensure world class delivery solutions and supporting the carriers with relevant information to plan efficiently/effectively
- Review volumes versus forecast; supporting the Distribution Centres in getting ahead of increased volumes; anticipating the need for increased collections
- Developing awareness of competitors’ fulfilment operations and supporting the development of a strategic vision for Digital fulfilment
- Maintaining and controlling of all current Digital carrier contracts, conducting due diligence and operational integration of any potential new carriers
- Managing the annual budget for carriage and associated costs
- Participating within the negotiation of Rate and Terms and Tender Exercises when required
- Managing the outcomes of customer contact profiling; working quickly to understand patterns and trends and rectifying issues
- Working cross functionally across the business to deliver change management and continuous improvement opportunities where required
About your experience
You’ll have extensive knowledge of the end to end B2C eCommerce fulfilment process and be extremely customer focussed, with a strong appetite to continuously improve how the business operates for the benefit of those customers.
Key experience required includes:
- Experience of a retail and/or services environment
- Skilled at forecasting and managing spend, demonstrating experience of working in a fast past operational environment as part of a professional team
- Strong communication skills, able liaise with all members of the business including the Senior Management team
- Logistics experience, ideally within a Digital distribution environment
- A confident decision maker with an ability to manage multiple customer relationships and build strong working partnerships
- You’ll understand 'what good looks like', being able to gather the right data from appropriate sources to enable the right insight/root cause and drive correct & timely actions.
About our purpose
There are all kinds of personal and professional benefits to being part of our digital team, but it’s also worth remembering that everything we do has a sense of purpose. We’re not just here to sell food or treats, we want to help pets and their owners live happier, healthier lives together. When you make a project a success, there’s a pet and their owner at the other end who are benefitting from your efforts.