Group Reward Manager
Role: Group Reward Manager
Reporting to: Group Head of Reward
Location: Home working with required travel to Handforth Support Office (Chester House, Greater Manchester, SK9 3D)
Salary: Up to £50,000
Hours: 39 hours per week (we welcome enquiries regarding flexible working options)
At Pets at Home we have an ambitious plan, to become “The Best Pet Care Business in the world” and a key part of delivering this in sustainable way will be our most cherished assets: our People and our Culture. We are a business built on strong values and behaviours which guide everything we do. These are our foundations which will help us to deliver our better wold pledge to create a better world for pets and the people who love them.
In a time where our mental, emotional and financial wellbeing is being tested more than ever, it’s imperative that we continue to develop a reward strategy to support the wellbeing of our colleagues and reward and recognise our colleagues in ways that matter to them and to our pet care ecosystem. We therefore have a unique opportunity for you to join our Group Reward Team, which forms part of our wider People Team, where you will play a crucial role in delivering, developing and analysing our reward strategy across the Group.
The Pets at Home Group includes over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. It’s fast-paced, innovative, fun and we put people at the very heart of everything we do. We are committed to developing a culture of inclusivity where everyone is able to come to work and be themselves, a culture which welcomes everyone irrespective of what makes us all unique.
Click here to read our Values & Behaviours
About your role:
- As a Group Reward Manager, you will act as a partner to all group companies in supporting, advising and coaching colleagues on all reward and benefits processes. Working closely with the Group Head of Reward, the Group Reward Manager will assist in developing strategies and initiatives which will drive our strategy through engagement, performance, efficiency and by providing our colleagues with the tools they need to build financial resilience. The role will manage and own annual reward processes.
- The role acts as an ambassador for reward as a whole, ensuring visibility across the organisation of good reward practice and utilisation of benefits. The Group Reward Manager will need to develop professional and effective relationships across the business.
About your responsibilities:
- Work closely with senior stakeholders to deliver and continually evaluate a reward and benefits strategy that supports us in attracting and retaining the best talent.
- Support with the design, communication, grant and vest process of our share plans.
- Support the Group Head of Reward with Remco and Executive papers & plans.
- Support the Group Head of Reward in the production of the annual remuneration report.
- Lead on salary benchmarking.
- Manage pay review and annual bonus processes.
- Lead the implementation of competitive, creative and cost effective benefits.
- Support development and maintenance of our internal grading structure.
- Benchmark company reward and benefits practices, programmes and policies to ensure we position ourselves as an employer of choice.
- Support on all aspects of pension provisions.
- Manage relationships with our external reward and benefits providers to ensure quality and maximum value.
- Manage and drive reward, wellbeing and benefits projects.
- Carry out reward analysis, creating data reports to support effective business decisions across the group.
- Monitor the internal grading structures, reporting on any exceptions and requirements for re-grading.
- Work with the Group Head of Reward to develop appropriate communication and promotion of group benefits.
- Keep up to date on all current legislation/trends in reward and benefits and input into reward strategy development as required.
- Embed new practices that support the people and group strategy.
- Lead process automation and identify areas to reduce task time by utilising robotics.
- Will act as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Will provide input on resource planning and policy development.
About your Skills and experience:
- This role would suit an individual who can offer significant experience working in a reward and benefits role, with a proven track record of delivering reward and benefit related projects and initiatives. A degree or equivalent work experience within a PLC environment is required, with a highly organised approached to managing multiple work streams.
- Experience and skills required for this role include (but not limited to):
- Experience of pension provisions
- Expertise within job evaluation and grading structures, with associated benchmarking activities
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with a preference for data and advanced Excel skills
- An understanding of share plans, including SAYE, LTIPs, Restricted Stock Plans and bonus deferral schemes would be desirable
- Track record of working with a reward platform is desirable
- Exceptional attention-to-detail and ability to work with complex data
- High standards of professionalism, creativity and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Takes initiative and is able to work independently
- Ability to solve complex problems where existing solutions may not be appropriate
- Collaboration and a desire to work with, and support, the wider People Team is essential to the success of this role, alongside an ability to demonstrate credibility and confidence. You must be comfortable with engaging and influencing stakeholders at all levels across the organisation, displaying a high level of emotional intelligence, great judgment and decision making skills.
- Taking pride in your work, adopting an honest and straightforward approach, and wanting to continually improve. With the right support, we will ensure success within your role and career at Pets at Home.
- Bonus scheme
- Pension plan
- Private healthcare
- Discretional share plans; Sharesave and Restricted Stock Plan
- Life assurance scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member)
- 36 days annual leave (including bank holidays), rising to 38 days after 2 years’ service.
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your birthday!
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, shared parental leave and adoption leave
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.