Finance Business Partner
Pets at Home Group is the UK’s leading pet care specialist, fulfilling every possible pet and owner need, from food and accessories to?grooming?and vet services. Since 1991, we’ve been building a business around pets and their owners and we’ve set our sights on becoming the best pet care business in the world. Join us now and you can be part of that journey, developing your future as we develop ours. This is a place where you can take pride and passion in your work within an inspiring, professional team that’s focused on supporting pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
You’ll act as a true Finance Business Partner by analysing, supporting and providing key insight to the Operations Leadership Team, enabling them to develop strategies and make decisions which will drive performance.
The role will suit an experienced analyst with extensive management accounting experience and a record of strong financial control. You’ll be an ambassador for the Retail Finance Team, developing cross functional relationships as you play a key part in delivering the Retail Finance strategy.
- Be the primary point of contact for all store performance analysis, driving sustained performance in alignment with our Group Strategy
- Ensuring that decision making within the Operations Leadership Team is facilitated and influenced through financial analysis
- Responsible for the review and submission of periodic P&L and balance sheet reconciliations ensuring strong financial controls are in place and a thorough understanding of variance analysis to plan
- Responsible for overseeing all Stores and Grooming target setting process, including sales and all bonus KPI’s, ensuring they are issued in a timely and accurate fashion
- Working with the Financial Reporting & Systems Team in order to continuously improve and simplify reporting, with a focus on improving the timeliness and practicality of store reporting, utilising BW and business objects capability
- Responsible for setting up and implementing key pieces of strategic financial analysis
- Attending both Regional and Area field based meetings to present analysis and insight and ensure all finance actions are complete
- Fully qualified Accountant, with 2 yrs + post qualification experience
- Proven experience in a Financial Analysis role, ideally within the retail or logistics sector, with management accounts or P&L management experience
- Strong Excel skills, comfortable manipulating and analysing large amounts of data using core functions
- Proven ability to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels
- Courage in how you go about your role, with the ability to confidently present strategic insight and the granular operational detail this role can also bring
You will be a team player who can operate remotely but also within a wider team with a passion to develop your career, ideally with some previous Line Manager experience.
Together we’ll create the future of pet care. We’re driven by the wellbeing of pets and we make sure we look after our people too. We depend on your commitment and innovation, and reward it with competitive pay and comprehensive benefits.