Salary - Dependent on experience
Various Locations – Bath, Camden, Canary Wharf, City, Soho, South Bank, West End
The Role of General Manager:
We are seeking a hard- working, talented and passionate General Manager, with a proven track record for delivering outstanding service and operating excellence.
The General Manager will have extensive experience in a similar environment, have a keen eye for detail as well as having a real passion for all things people, food and beverage. Naturally friendly, genuine and welcoming, the General Manager will be at the very heart of the venue.
This role reports into the Director of Operations, with the successful individual being fully responsible for overseeing the day to day running of the venue. The General Manager will control all aspects of finance including: sales, gross profit, stock control, labour and labour budget planning, controllable expenses, office administration, cash management, cash-loss issues, weekly performance reviews and monthly P&L reporting.
- Maintain high standards of people, product, service and environment
- Be seen as the Perfect Host and Go To person
- Control operational costs and identify areas of opportunity to improve profitability
- Be vigilantly attentive to service and product quality
- Oversee and ensure general maintenance and cleanliness of property
- Develop and implement policies that will maintain venue standards
- Ensure financial and payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately and on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Control staff scheduling to maintain the service standards while operating within budgeted labour cost
- Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth and networking
- Find opportunities to develop relationships with guests and to capture return business in the neighbourhood/ community
- Build, coach and develop a team of top talent to deliver venue vision
- Highly conscientious and motivated - a flexible approach, a ‘can do attitude’, lots of energy and a mind-set that will complement a demanding sales environment.
- Strong business acumen and commercial awareness
- Creativity and initiative
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), persuading, negotiating and influencing skills
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to interpret and present data, and use this to inform business decisions