Restaurant Manager - Epsom
The Royal Automobile Club is a Private Members Club with a stunning 350 acre estate in the Surrey Hills boasting an array of hospitality and leisure facilities.
We are looking for an experienced Restaurant Manager to lead and deliver exceptional service across our 2 main restaurants; Stirling’s Fine Dining and the Fountain, our Brasserie.
This is a pivotal role in leading and inspiring the two teams whilst elevating the member experience and reputation of the restaurants in a busy operational environment.
Role responsibilities include:
- Coordinate daily Front of the House and Back of the House restaurant operations
- Be an ambassador for high quality dining and people management
- Maintain the restaurants to the highest standard, ensuring that all items of maintenance and housekeeping are reported and followed through
- Recruit, train, and manage the team to ensure that each team member is motivated, engaged and fulfilling their potential
- Develop the Fountain Brasserie and Stirling’s restaurants to an excellent standard of operation in line with LQA expectations
- Cross skill all team members to ensure all staff members can work effectively in either restaurant
- Control operational costs identifying measures to cut waste through careful use of all operational equipment both front and back of house.
- Maintain spending within budget, monitoring actuals and forecasts, and creating detailed reports on weekly, monthly and annual revenues and expenses
- Leading and inspiring a team of 35 permanent and 14 seasonal staff
- Conduct daily briefings to ensure all employees are kept informed of important events, promotions, and department/company performance
- Be the presence and face of dining in Woodcote Park
Our ideal candidate:
- Extensive demonstrable experience of high end restaurant management
- Experience of consistently running an outlet with over 300 covers a day
- Previous experience managing large teams in a busy operational environment
- Passionate about delivering exceptional customer service at all times
- Knowledge of licensing laws
- Ability to develop incentives and training plans for the teams throughout the year
- Ability to develop incentives and themes for the restaurants throughout the year
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise with all stakeholders
- High level of attention to detail
- Flexible, organised and adaptable at all times
- Free meals on duty
- Free shuttle bus from Epsom station
- Perkbox discount scheme
- European RAC cover
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Staff uniform
- Generous pension
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Discretionary bonus
The Royal Automobile Club embodies both the rich history of British motoring and the best tradition of private members’ clubs - prestigious yet always welcoming. Here at our Pall Mall clubhouse in the heart of London, we’re passionate about pioneering ever higher standards of dining, accommodation and sporting facilities.
Most importantly, you’ll share our values. We combine a passion for our heritage with a desire to achieve new levels of excellence. We exceed expectations, treat each other with respect, and ensure mutual trust is at the core of everything we do. If you can live these values, you’ll see your efforts recognised and your potential nurtured in an organisation that’s full of individuals who have come up through the ranks, learned new skills or taken their careers in surprising new directions.