Web Operations Executive
Reporting to: Web Operations Manager
Based: East Croydon
What you need to know about us...
We're not like any other Gym company we are THE GYM, a place where everyone can find their fit and be their best. We hire real people with real passion, whose positivity and enthusiasm motivate and innovate. Our teams are friendly and engaging and they thrive in an environment where they have the flexibility to be awesome and to continuously develop and improve themselves!
We actively invest in our people... don't believe us? Check out our big shiny "Investors In People" gold award... now you don't see that every day! We are really proud of our teams and we promise to push them to challenge their limits and celebrate with them when they achieve new goals. They work hard, they deliver results and they reap the rewards.
By membership we are the 2nd largest gym business in the UK and the 4th largest in Europe. We are the only publicly listed UK health and fitness operator.
What you need to know about the role...
The website performance and digital trading are fundamental to The Gym's low-cost, no contract, 24x7 offering. All members join via the website and our online self-serve tools are a key part of the member proposition. Over the last 3 years we've invested heavily in our digital presence, with our platform winning prestigious awards including a Digital Masters Award in 2018 and a Digital Experience Award in 2019. We're now looking to maximise the value of this investment by building a high-performing trading and optimisation team for which we are looking to bring in a Web Operations Executive.
Reporting to the Web Operations Manager you will have a minimum of 1-2 years' experience in supporting and administrating web content and merchandising along with other eCommerce support processes. You will support bringing our trading campaigns to life on the website as well as contributing to the digital workflows that deliver trading campaigns, new site openings, content audits, brand content projects and member content projects across the website estate for both prospects and members. The right candidate for this role will be adept with digital systems and delivering against action SLAs, has great organisation skills, brilliant attention to detail and is able to communicate confidently and clearly with a variety of stakeholders. This role will have additional exposure to other areas such as Web Merchandising Strategy, SEO and Member Management System builds making it a great all-round opportunity for someone looking to start a career in eCommerce.
As part of The Gym's Technology team you will work with likeminded, passionate, ambitious and friendly colleagues across a wide range of internal and external stakeholders spanning Marketing, Commercial, Digital Product, Acquisition, Data & Insight and Partner Agencies. This is an exciting opportunity with great potential for the right individual.
- Manage and own the delivery of The Gym Group's Web Operations programme spanning content planning, stakeholder coordination, CMS builds and post campaign analysis.
- Support large strategic website and platform developments identifying opportunities to improve the overall Web Operations process and the website merchandising functionality.
- Working with your Digital Trading team and Marketing team counterparts develop a deep understanding of our online customers and behaviour in order to improve campaign execution and personalisation.
- Work with the wider data team, Business Analysts, the Commercial & Marketing team and a range of internal stakeholders to define, specify and support key business initiatives
- Drive and play a lead role in delivering and executing our annual SEO programme and strategy.
- Be the gatekeeper of our CMS and train users where necessary
- Provide recommendations to our CRO Manager to support them optimise online customer journeys.
- Conduct in-depth studies around the key merchandised journeys and their impact to trading metrics such as conversion rate, channel mix, traffic, lead booking time, promotion penetration etc.
- Own and project manage overall merchandising process and calendar using planning management tools
- Produce, maintain and evolve regular best practice guidelines around website merchandising and excellent execution
So let us tell you what we are looking for...
Our next Web Operations Executive will have:
- Experience of working in a transactional eCommerce environment
- An impeccable eye for detail
- Google Analytics
- Content Management System Experience
- Content Writing Experience
- Website Performance Auditing
- Project and Process Management
- Ticketing Software Experience (Trello, Asana, FreshService, Jira)
- Familiar with technologies such as Google Tag Manager, Google Optimise, VWO and SEO Tools (Screaming Frog, SEM Rush, Stat)
- Can-do attitude, work ethic and appetite for work
- Knowledge of a range of website practices
- Interest in a wide range of digital technologies and an understanding of merchandising strategies
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, charismatic, energetic, with an entrepreneurial mind-set
- Incredibly organised and punctual in execution