Barista - Queensway Coffee Houses - Cheltenham
- Starting Immediately
- 8 hour contracts with working hours available up to 40 hours per week
We are a family-owned business renowned for our warmth, sincerity and quality of service. Queensway Group invests in real estate which we develop into operating business in the hospitality sector, from coffee shops to hotels, residential property and a private members’ club. The brands we operate include KFC, Starbucks, Point A Hotels, Montagu Place, Sloane Place and the Sloane Club.
Whilst we are hugely ambitious and growing very quickly across our key business units we are guided by the Queensway Values that run deep across all our operations. We are a company that invests with a purpose and we behave with a soul and conscience. At the heart of everything we do are our teams, the Queensway family that provide amazing customer experiences every single day.
We are looking to recruit amazing candidates who will receive fully accredited Starbucks training to become a Barista working for Queensway Coffee Houses LTD, a franchisee of the Starbucks brand. In our stores, Baristas don’t just learn how to make hot and cold drinks from our amazing menu, they are also trained in how to connect with customers ensuring they return to us time and time again.
This role includes educating customers on our menu, making recommendations based on their preferences, up-selling special items and taking orders. To be successful in this role, you should have great customer service skills and be prepared to learn how to operate specialist equipment to prepare food and drinks from our menus. This role also requires you to be comfortable connecting with customers in our stores, ensuring they have a great experience whilst keeping our stores looking and feeling awesome. Ultimately, you’ll ensure an excellent experience for our guests.
We have an array of tools to ensure you are successful in your role including full brand training, clear brand standards for you to follow and excellent opportunities to learn and grow with us. We have stores nationwide and a variety of other businesses within our group to support your hospitality career.
Shift working is required to ensure our customers needs are met throughout the week, and rotas will be available 3 weeks in advance for you to be able to have a healthy balance of work and play. Standard contracts are 8 hours a week and candidates who have the flexibility to complete more hours will have the option to do so.
Up to 28 days holiday is also on offer along with free access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided by Hospitality Action and support through our own Queensway foundation.
- Greeting customers as they enter, taking their name and connecting with them
- Being able to talk through our menus and answer questions regarding ingredients
- Taking orders while paying attention to details (e.g. preferences of coffee blend, dairy and allergens)
- Prepare beverages following recipes
- Serving beverages and prepared food, like cookies, pastries and muffins
- Receiving and processing payments (currently cash-less but could include cash and credit cards)
- Keeping the bar area and customer areas (café and toilets) clean
- Maintaining stock of clean mugs and plates
- Using equipment like dishwashers, cleaning products and ice-machines
- Check if brewing equipment operates properly and report any maintenance needs
- Comply with health and safety regulations, keeping on top of all training
- Communicate customer feedback to managers and recommend new menu items
- Working with aggregators such as Uber, JustEat and Deliveroo in a friendly and personable manner.
The Queensway Mission
- Today we celebrate our successes.
- Tomorrow we challenge ourselves to be better: to each other, our customers, our businesses and the world.
Our Queensway Values
We think differently. Every day we look for new ways to be better.
We are team players. When we work together there is no limit to what we can achieve.
We care for others. We are honest, ethical and give back to the community.
We balance work and play. Our best work happens when we’re having fun.
We also offer:
- Excellent brand training
- A ‘Rising Stars’ development programme
- Regular 1-1’s and coaching
- Free drinks on shift and partner discounts on branded products and merchandise
- Up to 28 days holiday pro rata (including Bank Holidays)
- A free Employee Assistance Programme, ‘Well Online’ provided by Hospitality Action
- Annual Partner events including a summer festival and the opportunity to attend a Winter Awards ceremony in London.
- Discounts across the group for you, your friends and family including stays in our Point A hotels across the UK