Specialist Instructor (Lifeguard) - Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
Reporting to: Camp Manager
Summary of Position:
Ultimate Activity Camps is a leading provider of holiday childcare in the UK. Our trusted holiday camps operate at venues across the country and offer outstanding activity provision to children whilst providing peace of mind to parents.
The role of the Specialist Instructor (Lifeguard) is to ensure the welfare and safety of the children on Camp is maintained at all times, and to act as a lifeguard during our structured swimming sessions on Camp.
During swimming sessions, you will be lifeguarding poolside whilst our instructors lead a swimming activity for children aged 4 – 14 years. Between lifeguarding duties, you will have the opportunity to be part of our Instructor team delivering outstanding and structured sport, art and play activities to groups of children, with an emphasis being on participation, structure, care and development.
You will have a pastoral role, being the group leader and key contact for a group of children on Camp, taking a lead in maintaining their welfare and providing high quality care.
As well as leading sessions, staff will contribute to the high standard of physical, emotional, and social care offered by Ultimate Activity Camps.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lifeguard for groups of children on our camps during scheduled swimming activities.
- Prepare and deliver activities for children aged 6-14 years, focusing on participation, development, and enjoyment.
- Ensure all policies and procedures on Camp are adhered to by yourself and the children in your care, including all health and safety, and safeguarding procedures.
- Continuously promote the welfare of the children in your care.
- Help to set up the Ultimate Activity Camp by attending a Camp Induction Day.
- Take a pastoral role as a group leader, welcoming new children into your group and liaising with the Camp Manager and/or parents as necessary.
- Supervision of children outside of activity times.
- At all times behave in a manner that reflects the expectations of Ultimate Activity Camps.
- Live up to the Ultimate Activity Camp promise of ‘Inspiring Children Every Day’ throughout your employment.
- Show the required energy, enthusiasm and professionalism for the duration of the season, acting as an ambassador for Ultimate Activity Camps and behaving as a suitable role model for children.
- Other ad-hoc duties (e.g. cleaning, equipment maintenance/ordering etc).
- Qualified lifeguard (NaRS, NPLQ), with experience working with children. Other coaching/teaching experience desirable.
- Experienced in coaching/teaching, able to tailor delivery and structure according to age and ability.
- Enthusiastic, energetic individual, passionate about working with, and developing children through play and activity.
- Good organisation and communication skills.
- Flexible, team player, able to adapt to dynamic situations and challenges on Camp.
- Someone looking for a challenging but hugely rewarding and fun job in the holidays, looking to further their career in the childcare and coaching industry.
- Contract: Seasonal work available in school holidays (Easter, Summer and half terms).
- Hours: Usually 8.30am – 5.30pm week days. Full time or part time roles available.
- Pay: £275 to £420 per week plus holiday pay.