Fusion Lifestyle are now hiring – Applications Analyst and Development Manager
- Location: South East England / London, includes remote working with travel to sites across the UK to perform role adequately - Immediate Start
Who We Are:
A sports, leisure and fitness operator and registered charity, Fusion Lifestyle is on a mission to bring health and wellbeing to communities across the UK.
We are recruiting for an experienced Applications Analyst and Development Manager to manage the implementation, development and support of business applications and web-services within the Fusion ICT enterprise.
Working with, and directly reporting to, the Chief Technology Officer, as the Applications Analyst and Development Manager you will define the technical architecture of business applications and their interfaces, to ensure a connected and inter-operable systems framework. You will also be responsible for the coordination and management of ICT software solutions, including business applications, web services and interfaces.
Some of the main tasks and responsibilities of this role include, (but are not limited to):
- Working in conjunction with Heads of Department and other business leaders; conduct detailed business analysis to develop a full understanding of the operations and processes of the company
- Translating business needs identified during analysis, and agreed in cooperation with department heads and other business leads, into detailed business systems requirements specifications
- To define and develop prototype solutions using Microsoft Technology stack, (ASP.Net, C#, SQL etc.), or other appropriate languages
- Working with the CTO; agree a solution plan for designated areas of the Fusion business, and support the selection / development of solutions either in-house or using third party suppliers / developers
- Coordinate and manage the testing and implementation of business systems in collaboration with operating departments
- Define and document the integration requirements of all business systems and develop / test suitable solutions using scripting, Microsoft Technology stack, windows services, SQL jobs or bespoke software
- Together with our support / infrastructure providers, establish suitable hardware platforms, and middleware solutions to support the solutions, owning the upgrade process and delivery to those solutions
- Develop support plans for the solutions implemented and ensure that help-desk teams are fully briefed on the requirements of the solutions implemented
- Prepare and deliver systems training, ensuring that users at all levels can operate systems efficiently and effectively
- Undertake relevant project work appropriate to the position as directed by Line Manager
To be successful as the Applications Analyst and Development Manager you will need relevant experience within a leisure operator, or similar large scale, fast-paced business, with demonstrable knowledge and experience of software systems and solutions, (including application architecture, middleware, and web services). You’ll need to have knowledge of business systems, including Finance, CRM, HR Systems, Business Intelligence, Payroll, etc., and you’ll need business analytical skills, with the ability to document business processes and requirements in writing. Project Management experience is a must, as is the ability to manage time and resources to deliver results on time and to budget.
Other essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of web-services and web-based software architecture
- Understanding of Microsoft Technology stack and .Net infrastructure and available frameworks including ASP.NET Web (APIs, Web applications), C# and console application (windows services)
- Knowledge of MS SQL including SSIS & SSRS. Ability to design database tables and structures and creating views, functions, and stored procedures
- Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in the provision of end-user training and ability to describe complex business solutions to user groups at all levels
- Ability to convert business requirements into clear written specifications which may be used by third party developers as a systems development brief
- Ability to define and develop systems prototypes and interfaces using scripting and other development software / languages
- Demonstrated structured approach to systems, developing re-usable, modular solutions where possible
- Excellent oral, numerical, written skills
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge / Experience with iTrent (Midland HR) HR and payroll software (desirable)
- Knowledge / Experience with Sage Financial solutions (desirable)
- Knowledge / Experience with Microsoft Access and Visual Basic (desirable)
- Experience / knowledge of Agile development planning techniques (desirable)
Hygiene and Safety:
Fusion Lifestyle highly prioritises the safety of its customers and team members. All team members across the business play their part in ensuring our centres and sites are safe and hygienic places to work. You will champion in-role, and take personal responsibility for all hygiene, and health and safety procedures when working from any Fusion centre or site.
You will also commit to undertaking day-to-day cleaning and maintenance of all equipment and fittings relevant to your role, (including phones, PCs, plug sockets and cables, tables, doors and door handles, and other shared usage equipment and touch points), to the highest possible standards; informing centre management immediately of any hygiene or health and safety risks.
Some of the employee benefits we offer that you may be eligible to receive include:
- Up to 25 days’ holiday, plus 8 bank holidays
- Management Pension Scheme
- Gym & Swim membership at Fusion centres
- Free eye tests
- Season travel ticket loans
Click on the link to apply.
This job advertisement is not intended to serve as a full job description, and is therefore non-exhaustive. Upon securing an offer of employment, a copy of the job description will be made available to you. This may be amended from time to time, in-line with business requirements. You may also be required to carry out other duties as reasonably requested by the Company.
Applicants who gain a 'conditional' job offer will be required to undertake appropriate checks and referencing before commencing employment. If the role you have been offered requires you to work with children or vulnerable adults or in an environment that deems necessary, the hiring manager will inform you if a DBS is applicable. If a DBS is undertaken your offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.