Multi-skilled Trades Person - Guildford
Giggling Squid was born in 2009 from a determination to do things differently. To be one of a kind. We now have a few more restaurants under our belt (37 to date!) and have been named in the Times 100 fastest growing companies for good reason but the important stuff hasn’t changed. We’re still as hungry as ever to give our guests a truly unique experience based around good food cooked by master chefs.
Due to our growth, we are looking for a Trades Person to support the Head of Facilities. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly growing business.
- The successful applicant must have at least 5 years’ experience as a multi-skilled trades person.
- Must be able to carry out the following – painting and decorating, basic plumbing, general carpentry, fixing / replacing locks, flooring repairs, tiling and general maintenance.
- Produce work to a high standard and an eye for detail.
- Strong time management and ability to plan site visits and maintenance works.
- Be able to think on their feet, problem solve and make decisions.
- Valid UK driving licence.
- Provide up-to-date and accurate feedback to the team and other management.
- Good communication, customer service skills and able to act professionally at all times.
- A focus on safety in everything they do.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Undertaking reactive and planned maintenance throughout our restaurants and accommodations across the estate.
- Daily monitoring of the online maintenance platform, ProNett.
- Become a key point of contact for all maintenance contractors, assess quotes and manage maintenance activity.
- Be “on-call” on average one weekend per month.
- Assist in logistics of Events and VIP kit in partnership with senior management and marketing.
- Control and monitor all costs to ensure all activities take place in line with budget.
- Ensuring best practice and adhering to all Giggling Squid, legal and health and safety procedures at all times.
- Always ensuring your activities, including contractor work, take place safely and securely.
- Ensure all administration, compliance records, risk assessments are accurately kept and orderly.
- Direct and support the business to ensure the working environment is organised, safe and to expected standards at all times.
Desired Competencies and Characteristics:
Confident / multi-tasker / energetic / authoritative / flexible / 100% reliable.
Capable of working in a vibrant and pressurised environment, able to adapt to late requests and short lead times, in a polite and efficient manner.
Results Focus and Initiative
The drive and determination to get things done. Intellectually astute, ability to solve complex problems and maintain a multi-facetted structure.
The ability to understand the financial impact of personal decisions taken. Very strong business acumen with the proven ability to work to and set financial goals.
Management, motivational and development skills
To be able to work with others, build relationships, and have a strong impact. Very strong interpersonal and operational skills. The desire and ability to interact personally and sensitively with others on an individual basis. To develop others by offering support and encouragement. Enjoy working to own initiative and relish taking full responsibility for their area of the business without the need for close supervision.