Guest Service Manager - Europe
Job Title: Guest Service Manager
Location: Greece, Croatia, Italy & Spain
Department: Overseas Operations
Dates: April – November
Reports to: Operations Manager or General Manager
Salary: Up to £1600 PCM based on experience + accommodation + great overall package
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it’s a lifestyle! Spend the summer season based in one of our beautiful European summer resorts. It’s all about, creating a fantastic holiday experience for our guests, sharing your passion for the activities you love, and having the time of your life!
As Guest Service Manager, personality is key. Your primary responsibility will be to take responsibility for the delivery of all resort entertainment and to ensure that Neilson consistently exceeds guest expectations.
You’ll need a beautiful combination of excellent interpersonal skills, a friendly, approachable and an outgoing personality. It’s also essential that you’re efficient, reliable, assertive, conscientious and fun!
Anyone stepping into this role needs to be confident in their ability to create an air of excitement and keep anyone staying in the resort thoroughly entertained throughout their holiday.
Along with your resort team, you’ll ensure that we give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of a Neilson holiday is being delivered by people that care.
You’ll need to be a visible presence around the resort. This will involve keeping an open line of communication with our guests to maintain rapport and ensure that any issues are addressed/rectified without fail.
We are always looking for friendly, enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team, so if this is the role for you, please apply online today!
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
Within your role, you will…
- Take responsibility for all resort entertainment
- Ensure that an exciting, engaging and accessible resort entertainment programme for all ages is in place
- This programme should promote a fantastic resort atmosphere, excellent guest feedback, bond the resort teams and generate additional resort revenue
- Engage with all guests and staff via all available channels, ensure that all events are well advertised, create excitement and well attended
- Ensure that all customer requests are communicated to all relevant departments, you’ll follow up and ensure that all requests are delivered as per our business standards
- Bring together all resort departments, ensure maximum staff participation as required for each event and drive staff to build genuine rapport with all guests
- Interface with our guests at key points throughout the day and night. You will build genuine rapport with ease, identify any issues, encourage feedback, feedback to the relevant departments and always follow up to ensure that any problems have been rectified
- Ensure that all events are executed in a safe, organised, and professional manner, as per the Neilson entertainment blueprint
- Work with the senior management team to ensure all financial and customer service targets are met and delivered as per the business-standard
- Deliver any other operational tasks required or requested by the management team
Leadership, Management, Personal Skills & Qualities:
- A strong personal presence
- Ability to demonstrate focus, energy and tenacity in the pursuit of results
- Self-motivated and able to motivate, influence and inspire others
- Previous experience of customer service within the hotel and hospitality industry would be beneficial
- To be a confident entertainer
- A solid understanding of excellent customer service practice
- The ability to confidently hold a conversation in English
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Knowledge of setting up sound, audio & visual
- Previous experience in event coordinating & organisation
- Strong microphone skills, the ability to project voice and to sound interesting
- The ability to sing or play an instrument would be beneficial, but not essential to the role
- Foreign language skill would be helpful, but not essential
Experience & Track Record:
Desirable but not essential
- Previous experience in a hotel environment
- Previous overseas experience
- Previous experience within the active holiday sector
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- UK or EU driving license would be beneficial
- Welcoming, professional and enthusiastic
- Highly motivated
- Organised and punctual
- Target orientated with excellent negotiation skills
- Clean and tidy appearance
- Approachable, confident, knowledgeable