Marketing & Business Development Manager
Location: Evolution Fitness Studio, 40 Sheen Lane, London, SW14 8LW and remote
Salary: £24,000-£27,000 per year (pro-rata)
Become a part of one of the most unique and dynamic fitness studios in London. Evolution Fitness Studio is a bespoke indoor cycling, group fitness, and personal training studio set in the heart of Sheen, SW14. With a buzzing vibe and eclectic members’ club feel, the studio is the premier training facility in SW London, delivering 40 classes a week to more than 300 people with a reputation for community and wellbeing.
Evolution is seeking a Marketing and Business Development Manager to become a key part of the team and drive growth to push the business forward. Our ideal candidate must have a proven track record of delivering success, be competent in articulating in the spoken and written word and come with ideas and solutions. They must be autonomous and driven whilst being results orientated.
Reporting directly to the Owner, the Marketing and Business Development Manager will hold a key role in a thriving and expanding business. We require someone with a ‘hands on’ approach, used to a fast-paced, dynamic environment who can really hit the ground running. We’re looking for someone with exceptional attention to detail looking to grow themselves as well as the business. A passion in health and fitness is desirable, as is a natural vibrancy and exuberance for being part of a young, owner-led small business.
- At least 3 years marketing and business development experience in a similar field or role
- Commercial awareness and a willingness to adapt and generate solutions in a changing business
- Experience with a fitness or customer booking system such as Zingfit, Mindbody etc.
- Digital marketing skills including writing and editing digital newsletters via Mailchimp and website management
- Graphic design knowledge and creation of digital adverts and content
- Ability to provide clear and accurate weekly and monthly reports
- Experience managing membership databases and CRM systems
- Knowledge of streaming and digital content editing (Zoom, Vimeo etc.)
- Proficient in problem solving and ability to work proactively within a team environment
- Self-motivated, ambitious, consistent performer
- Ability to work to deadlines and project manage to agreed timelines either alone or as a wider team
- Weekly reporting using Zingfit including membership, attendance, sales and no shows
- Social media and email content strategy, production, delivery and increasing engagement
- Membership queries, development, sales and promotions
- Awareness of local, national events and awareness days aligned with Evolution
- PR and general promotion
Business Development Responsibilities
- Expanding customer reach
- Active planning to grow the business in terms of revenue and memberships
- Working towards collaborative business partnerships with local businesses
- Setting up preferred membership arrangement with local hospital employees
- Keeping up to speed with competitor and industry information
- Strategic planning for long term revenue
Working Hours and Pattern
25 hours per week across 5 days (including evening and weekends, exact shifts TBC). This has the potential to become a full-time, permanent role for the correct candidate.