Venue Manager – Birmingham
- Exciting New Venue
- Salary - £40-£45K + Pension + benefits
Exciting new venue coming to Birmingham in 2021
Are you an experienced manager looking for a challenge running an exciting new concept venue where you can help build the business from the ground up and make the role your own?
ATMOS VR is looking for an experienced Venue Manager, familiar with all that is involved with the preparation and of launching a new site. Based in Digbeth, this ground-breaking Virtual Reality venue takes a new approach to immersive experiences such that visitors will be amazed at the journey they are being taken on!
Ideally you will have a background in entertainment, visitor attractions / experiences or production events and will understand the process of building and successfully launching a new venue.
You will be responsible for readying the venue to open and setting up the internal operational processes along with recruiting, training and leading a professional and highly motivated team. You will be confident working to tight time frames and understand the need for a hands-on leadership approach to get the job done.
You will bring broad and deep experience to the launch, be an expert in operations, visitor management and event/venue management, have plenty of creative ideas and be an excellent problem solver. You will also need to demonstrate commercial acumen and a willingness to be responsible for revenue targets.
Essential for the role:
● Extensive experience in setting up, launching and running successful venues or events
● Revenue responsibility, commercial acumen, knowledge of how to drive on-site spending
● Experience working with new suppliers and contractors, coordinating all venue logistics, ensuring that everything runs smoothly and to budget
● Expertise in all operational process and policy development, such as:
○ Operational compliance in place ahead of launch
○ Visitor management and customer relations
○ Security, risk assessments and H&S planning
● Experience working with the Marketing team to promote the venue
● Experience recruiting, training and managing customer focused teams
● Ability to produce post-launch evaluation to inform overall performance improvement
● High level of attention to detail and excellent project and time management skills
For the right candidate, this will be an opportunity to grow with the company as it opens more sites across the country.
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this role and would love the opportunities our client can offer, please click to apply with your CV.