Senior Social Media Manager - eCommerce Campaigns
Culture Trip is the trusted shortcut to booking travel that’s good, and makes you feel good. In one single platform, our customers can discover and book spot-on stays and experiences, hand-picked by a global community of travel experts and local insiders. In 2011, Culture Trip was created to inspire people to go beyond their cultural boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special, unique and meaningful. Fast-forward to 2021, and Culture Trip has become the essential travel companion, having evolved into a global travel e-commerce brand with content at its heart. This is a unique proposition in a market dominated by the more utilitarian online travel agencies (OTAs), user-generated content (UGC) and price-comparison sites.
Culture Trip is different, because, for a decade now, its global community of travel experts and local insiders have hand-picked the world’s best bits to share travel stories and unbiased recommendations, together with curated collections of places to stay, hotels, things to do and experiences that can be booked online. Culture Trip inspires people and enables them to turn this inspiration into reality, all in one place.
We are a diverse team comprising travel experts, engineers, creators, data scientists, marketeers, media specialists and more, across offices in London, NYC, and Tel Aviv. In addition, we work with a global network of hundreds of freelance content creators who share their insider knowledge and insights on the places they know well.
Every month, Culture Trip attracts millions of visitors to its site; app downloads have leapt to almost 3 million; social followers have increased to more than 8 million, and our videos have been viewed more than 2 billion times. Since 2019, we have won more than 30 awards for our inspirational content, and our work for brand partners and commercial clients.
Founded in 2011 and after four years evolving the concept, Culture Trip secured seed funding of $2 million in 2015, Series A funding of $20 million in 2016, a funding injection of $80 million in 2018 and, in August 2020, we secured additional funding to drive further growth.
We are looking for an ambitious senior social media manager to lead the development and execution of integrated eCommerce campaigns across our social channels, and driving the positioning of our brand as a eCommerce travel brand via social media. The role requires strategic and operational experience to build awareness of Culture Trip’s bookable products and optimise conversions. As a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, you should think outside the box about social media, bringing in experience of organic and paid content.
We offer an independent, dynamic and ambitious working environment with plenty of potential to leave a mark. You will be part of our Growth Marketing team based in London and report to the Global Media Director.
- Develop cross-channel tactics and campaign strategies and robust activation plans for places to stay and experiences across social channels.
- Execute planned and reactive campaigns and implement tactics to drive awareness, attract and engage our target audience, generate traffic and contribute towards company conversion and revenue goals.
- Work collaboratively with marketing, travel sales, brand and design to create successful campaigns, including briefing and creating social media assets and ensure integration between all owned and operated platforms.
- Define key KPIs and performance benchmarks for social channels
- Monitor, evaluate and improve the success of the campaign strategies via the analytics tools available
- Build regular reports - tailored to specific goals and metrics - synthesised for key stakeholders > Test and pilot new strategies and tactics across our social channels within a data-driven framework
- Research and produce proposals around emerging platforms that may be of value to the business; scoping out potential resource costs and opportunities
- Produce and present regular competitor analysis to key business stakeholders
- Collaborate and support Social Media Manager and cover day-to-day activity and follower engagement when necessary.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Proven experience in social media (essential) and travel (desired)
- A self-starter with a proven track record in eCommerce success across social media channels. > Genuine passion for social media communities and the opportunities offered by social media sharing and participation
- A creative thinker and the ability to craft irresistible, catchy and intelligent campaigns, tactics and copy
- Aptitude for data collection and analysis (with Google Analytics and other tools); ability to make accurate data-based inferences and apply them in dynamic, test-driven runs
- Excellent management and organisational skills are an absolute must
- Passion for culture, travel, food, art, lifestyle will come in handy
- You need to be an enthusiastic and dynamic yet collaborative team player with a high degree of integrity and personal responsibility
- You should be comfortable working within a global company and liaising across different time zones
- You must be open to new ways of thinking and operating, always challenging yourself
What's in it for you?
We believe what we do is unique in the industry and working alongside passionate colleagues on exciting projects will help us deliver against our important mission. We are a startup on a journey and when joining us, you really can make a difference.
Work-life balance, work hours & time off
- 25 days holiday in addition to all public holidays
- You get a bonus day off on your birthday so you can spend all day eating cake
- Flexible hours - if you’re an early riser or a night owl worry not, you can choose your start and finish time as long as you work around the core hours
Pension, healthcare & wellbeing
- Pension scheme - we will contribute 4% and you will contribute a minimum of 4% Optional Private Health Insurance (after 3 months employment)
- Family friendly policies
- Employee assistance programme - a free employee wellbeing service
- Cycle to work scheme - an amazing scheme that saves you income tax and NI contributions from the bike’s retail price
- 50% off Pure Gym annual membership
Professional & personal development (and team fun!)
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business - an online learning platform
- Volunteering Days - each Culture Trip employee gets 2 charity days a year to dedicate their time to a good cause of their choice
- Virtual social events such as beer tasting and bingo
The health and safety of our employees is of the utmost importance to us. Therefore, we are following local government guidelines which means that we encourage our employees to work from home - there is no expectation that they should come to the office at this time.
However, we know that everyone’s personal circumstances are different, meaning that some of our colleagues do need to use the office space from time to time. Our office is still open and we have put processes in place and taken every precaution to make it a safe environment for those who might occasionally need to be there.
And when we’re back in the office, there’s also these lovely perks
- Working from home - need to do some thinking or get away from distractions? You can get out of the office to work almost from anywhere. You are encouraged to do this once a week
- Dogs in the workplace
- Department Socials - Get to know your wider department with Culture Trip funded socials every quarter.
- Teams also organise their own team-building lunches, dinners, breakfasts or other socials
- Company Wide Parties & Events
- Snacks - Get in your five a day, we provide fresh fruit, biscuits and tea and coffee in the office
- Friday treats - Every Friday we take turns to host themed Friday treats. From Italian food to national cake day get ready for your tastebuds to be tickled
- Dress down everyday (or up if that’s your thing!)
Culture Trip is committed to equality of opportunity for all. We strongly believe that diversity of backgrounds, ethnicities, experience, circumstances, abilities and perspectives leads to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users.