Digital Product Analyst -
Newcastle upon Tyne
This is a temporary position for at least 6 months with the potential to be extended.
In the short term this role will be fully remote with occasional face to face meetings in either Q9 or Innovate House, Balliol Industrial Park, Newcastle and London as required in the short-term.
We are seeking an experienced specialist Digital Product Analyst to join us on a short-term contract to work collaboratively a range of stakeholders including the Product Owner, and leads from Greggs Customer/Marketing and technology teams to ensure that we can deliver performance and customer insights, along with analytical best practice across digital products we deliver now, and in the future
The Digital Product Analyst will lead the delivery of a new and improved suite of measurement and analytics process’, reports and best practice across our current and future digital products, in addition Digital Product Analyst will distil key insights to help influence and improve the user experience and future development and evolution of these products.
Working as part of an autonomous, cross-functional, agile, product-focussed team, you will be responsible for ensuring that all necessary protocols, procedures and performance tools are delivered correctly and influencing the workstreams accordingly to ensure any further analytics capabilities can be prioritised and delivered effectively.
We believe in growing together – as a united team and working towards the achievement of our vision which is to be a winning brand in the food-on-the-go market. Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong traditional bakery heritage. Our people are what makes our business successful.
We aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them. Join us on our journey.
Our working hours are usually Monday- Friday, you may be required to work alternative hours to fulfil business needs and work in multiple team and agency locations across a working week.
Working within a dynamic customer centric technology team you will be comfortable acting as the ‘go-to’ resource for the Product Owner to help them balance both tactical and operational performance information, as well as interfacing into analysts from other workstreams delivering enriched insights that help us evaluate and evolve the longer-term strategic roadmap.
You will have a proactive, hands-on attitude and enjoy contributing towards building an adaptive, fun and creative environment for digital delivery. You will be comfortable of working cross functionally and facilitating and collaborating with multiple stakeholder groups.
As a lifelong learner and you’ll enjoy joining us on a continuous journey of learning and improving as we strive to become a high-performing, self-organising product team, applying adaptive planning techniques to deliver innovative solutions to business problems.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in dynamic teams, and whether using excel, Google Analytics, SQL, Oracle, PowerBI or a range of other tools you’ll enjoy distilling the answers to key questions as well as using your inquisitive nature to both challenge and evidence the reasons behind what we see. It would also be beneficial if you have experience with attribution modelling and advanced analytical tools. You will have experience of working in customer-centric, product focussed environments and have a track record of delivering using agile, product development principles in other organisations.
On a day-day basis you will:
Additional Required Experience
- Implement best practice across and own website & App performance measurement and monitoring, including key usage measures through platforms such as Google Analytics and Firebase.
- Ensure we are pursuing value across all relevant channels and use analytics tools to advise wider teams on tactical improvements that yield business results.
- Utilise all available customer data from live and test users to help inform future product roadmap decisions and ongoing development.
- Own the regular reporting for digital and social performance and work closely with the social content/brand team on using this to inform future campaigns.
- Provide ‘lifelong product analysis’, including studying competitive products and owning the monitoring of all live product performance to ensure it meets - or exceeds – agreed targets and KPIs
- Participate in agile ceremonies such as sprint/iteration planning, stand-ups, demos and retrospectives.
- Assist the Customer Product Owner with release and iteration/sprint planning ensuring any questions, concerns and clarification as needed by the team(s) is delivered against.
- A clear track record of a minimum of previous Digital ‘Product Analyst’ roles – ideally for a major retailer or consumer facing FMCG business.
- Track record of using data to inform decisions on backlog prioritisation.
- Demonstratable ‘live’ examples of where you have assisted in the delivery of effective final products using an Agile delivery methodology (Reference/ example live Mobile app and web products to be provided for the recruiting panel to view).
- Significant experience of supporting a Product Owner and wider teams in delivering insights and performance, including balancing new service-based development/DevOps with legacy technology, and third-party agencies.
- Experience of working on agile projects in a complex, changing matrix business environment and a proven ability to work with different stakeholder groups to deliver excellent customer-facing products.
- Excellent level of writing skills and ability to prepare clear, detailed and actionable insights and performance reports.
- Ability to work with CPO to synthesise complex data into actionable goals.
- Critical thinking skills to recommend productive ideas.
- Advanced Standard Query Language (SQL) skills
Our Greggs Employee discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
- Your holiday entitlement starts with 26 days, in addition to Bank Holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 30 days after 25 years’ service (pro-rata for part time)
- After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme
- You will be invited to participate in our Management Bonus Scheme which is worth up to 10% of your salary, subject to the Company meeting certain performance criteria.
- You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
- The Management Pension Scheme is supported by a free life assurance scheme. This is a death in service benefit which provides a lump-sum payment equal to 4 times your year’s salary
Other benefits include
- Private Medical Insurance which is free for you and subsidised for your dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance which is a replacement income scheme
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare Plans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
During the application process we’ll keep in touch every step of the way.
We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job.
Once you do we’ll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing.
With your help we can make your application as quick and as smooth as possible.