Job title: Warehouse Control Room Supervisor
Frasers Group started as a small store in Maidenhead in 1982 and from there, grew to become a global powerhouse. We are now a collection of the world’s most iconic brands.
We’re reimagining retail and believe the higher the risk, the greater the reward. We’ve never been afraid to push forward and change the way the industry operates, diversifying our portfolio and elevating stores. We’re not sitting back – there’s no room for hesitation.
Finding the fearless.
To stay ambitious, we need a Warehouse Control Room Supervisor who will embrace our heritage as we look to elevate our future. We’re looking for candidates who see the possible in impossible; those who are open-minded and humble, not afraid to take a risk if it’s the best option for our business. Our people are passionate about the business and their area of expertise – whether that’s luxury fashion buying or sportswear analytics.
As part of the Control Room team you will bring an analytical and problem solving mentality to first line support on all systemic issues regarding the WMS and Automation. If additional support is required from an alternate team then you will use precise and thorough communication skills to escalate issues to the relevant people.
Overseeing and managing a small team to ensure the flow of stock items around an extensive network of automated conveyors linking, cross belt sorters, shuttle systems, goods to person picking .
It’s a highly dynamic workload and the ability to work with; Managers, Contractors and Teams across all levels will be vital.
We are looking for someone with a keen eye for detail and demonstrated problem solver. You will ideally come from an Automated Warehouse with exposure to WMS applications but ultimately, someone who is looking to take on the challenge with opportunities for progression. You will be need to be able to work to continental rota.
As part of this role you will take responsibility for the smooth and efficient running of the Warehouse control room. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring compliance with all Health & Safety regulations
- Providing 1st line support for all issues raised to the Control Room and escalating mechanical breakdowns to the on-site service Engineers
- Liaising planned system deployments (software updates) to all affected teams and making sure the system is handed over in a correct state
- Monitoring and escalating issues around the smooth and efficient running of the day-to-day operation
- Demonstrating an in-depth understanding of the site’s end-to-end process
- Communicating with maintenance engineers regarding breakdowns and PPMs
- Highlighting issues and directing suitable staff and maintenance teams to deal with issues and ensure stock flows freely
- Providing advice and guidance to the operational management team to maximise the efficiency of the operation
- Monitoring the flow of stock items around the automated conveyor belt system in the distribution centre
- Identifying opportunities and initiatives for continuous improvements in ways of working, quality, consistency, and effectiveness
- Following strict guidelines from Incident flows
An opportunity like this at Frasers Group is for the fearless.
The potential is massive, the experience unrivalled. To be able to make the most of it you need to live and breathe our principles - you will:
Think without limits and take the team with you
You will see the possible in impossible and will be open-minded and humble, not afraid to take a risk if it’s the best option for the business.
Own it and back it
You will take pride in what you do with confidence, but not overconfidence. It’s important you take ownership of your decisions, stand by your convictions and reason with contradiction.
Not hesitate and act with purpose
You will ask for forgiveness – not permission. You will be comfortable juggling multiple projects acting both decisively and instinctively without support from managers.
Be commercial and customer-focused.
You will be creative and analytical, balancing big-picture trends and detailed commercial performance. You will have a forensic commercial mindset, always considering the commercial impact of any decision.
- Computer literate: Warehouse Management/Control Systems
- 1st line support
- Operational experience and Warehouse Processes
- Focused and calm under pressure
- Logical and Analytical approach to problem solving
- Flexible to working requirements and match the demands and pace of the role
- Able to work to a Continental Rota
- Competent user of Excel, Word, Access and Outlook
- Ability to prioritize own work load, keeping to strict deadlines and disclosure requirements
- Ability to show a proactive work ethic in identifying problems and solutions to rectify issues, and work as part of a close team
What you need to show us
This role would suit a strong communicator who is computer literate looking to work in a fast paced warehouse environment. It isn’t a necessity to have experience in this type of role but knowledge of a Automation/ Warehousing environment would be beneficial. We are looking for energetic and dynamic individuals to join our team.