Guest Relations Manager - Greece & Portugal
We are recruiting for Guest Relations Managers to be the face of Scott Dunn in a number of luxury five star hotels we work with in Greece and Portugal. As Guest Relations Manager you will be responsible for helping guests make the most of their holiday by being a point of contact for them during their stay and meeting any requests they have to make their holiday truly special.
This diverse and exciting role requires individuals who are passionate about offering a superior guest experience and will go out of their way to ensure each guest has the perfect holiday. This will include organising welcome packs and hampers, ensuring any specific requirements such as transfers, restaurant bookings and excursions are organised as well as being a point of contact for our UK offices.
If you are looking for a job that pushes you to be your very best, that offers great professional development opportunities and to work alongside some of the best professionals in the industry, then this is the position for you. It is the ideal opportunity to develop your hospitality skills with the prospect of career development into our winter programme.
- Prepare for guests’ arrival including organising hampers, welcome packs, children’s gifts and any special requests including childcare equipment
- Ensure guests have a positive arrival experience; including but not limited to their transfers, meet and greet and check in process.
- Ensure that written information is complete, accurate, informative and work with the Marketing team to ensure it is well-presented.
- Create ample opportunity for the guests to be able to meet with you to discuss their holiday needs allowing you to assist in enhancing their holiday experience.
- Ensure guests are aware of and invited to events in resort, possibly arranging specific Scott Dunn events in conjunction with hotel management.
- Ensure guests are well informed on what is available to them both in and off resort, keeping all information current and up to date
- Take the time to get to know your guests so you can tailor your advice to their particular needs
- To manage all relevant paperwork including accounts, welcome packs and other administration
- To reconfirm or book transfers, restaurant bookings, spa treatments, pre-arrival shopping and activities
- To attend hotel/resort managers meetings and keep the resort informed on all Scott Dunn guests and ensure all relevant resort information is passed onto you so you can advise guests as appropriate.
- Work closely with the resort to facilitate resolutions of issues, such as complaints, changes to travel plans and medical issues
- Create a good working relationship with the childcare manager, holding regular meeting to discuss feedback and up and coming arrivals
- Where necessary assist and support the Scott Dunn Childcare, such as preparing lunches, accompanying the childcare team on trips and being an extra pair of hands during swimming sessions
- To ensure any potential health and safety risks or issues are addressed followed up and resolved in a timely manner
- Use your judgement to create surprise and delight moments for birthdays, anniversaries etc
- Use the knowledge that you gain during the season to constantly refresh and improve the guests experience.
- Uphold the Scott Dunn ethos and standards at all times
- Carry out and support in any HR issues that may arise within the team.
ABILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
- An attitude whereby ‘nothing is too much trouble’
- Great guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Very good numeric, administrative and organisational skills
- Team player
- Lead by example
- Accounting skills
- Previous hospitality experience
- Previous management experience
- Full, clean driving license
- Computer literate
- EU passport
- EU bank account
- Second languages in Portuguese or Greek are an advantage
PLEASE NOTE APPLICANTS MUST HAVE AN EU PASSPORT OR VALID WORKING VISA FOR PORTUGAL OR GREECE